Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in via Lattea Christmas time?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can any one tell me if the snow is ok at Christmas in Via Lattea? will have a car. We been at feb half term and loved it.
Thanks
Pippa
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would think that Montgenevre and Sestriere would be pretty safe bets - the former gets the snow from the west or the south and the latter is high and north facing. Christmas anywhere but the very highest places carries some risk, but the cost of going to Tignes (for example) is usually very significant. With height also comes more chance of being able to use snow making, so I think you should be fine in VL.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thank you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montgenevre usually opens at the beginning of December so is a reasonably good bet for Christmas week. We had excellent snow the time we went at Christmas and had to use our snow chains. It seems to have plenty of snow canons and is at high altitude so I think even in a poor year there would be enough snow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
.....and I see it’s snowing in Sestriere just this minute!

We were in Sestriere for Christmas last year and the snow was good and I seem to recall it was good this year early season too. In my view, as Montgenevre and Sestriere experience quite different weather patterns, it would be really bad luck to have no snow. And even worse luck if they couldn’t make snow above 2000m.

Enjoy!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great than you everybody
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Game of Snows, and everyone else, I stayed away from this thread but various replies have me a tad frustrated, sorry but over the many years (since 1997) you can't simply base a decision on a few seasons no matter what time of year!!!

For sure Sestriere is the better option and way cheaper than Monty, and the last few seasons we've been skiing there (skinning up in the resort before it's opened ) as early season conditions have been good.

But you can't base a decision based on that.

Xmas / New Year skiing is a lottery and unfortunately, it will be what will be, and one thing for sure, Italy at that time of year is just as busy (if not more so) than France.

And having a car will at least give you more options and let you explore some great places.

Best of luck!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy