Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter school hols 2019 Roll call

Poster: A snowHead
@llywelyn1984, I think the conditions are so good here at the moment that you'll be fine up to and including Easter. If les arcs were to stay open i suspect the skiing in 2000 will be good into May.
Go for it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnE wrote:
@Klamm Franzer, 40m2 for 200 pounds sounds about right. Have a great trip.

There appears to be lots of English children here in les arcs at the moment. Is it the English schools spring break?

The private ones are off, and anyone taking their kids out early (cue another long thread about that!!!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am sure I heard about certain areas who have fixed easter to be from the end of March irrespective of when Easter itself falls.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be heading off to St Anton, Austria late Friday afternoon after my son finishes school. We are driving down as usual. Conditions in all the Arlberg region look excellent, it will be interesting to compare with when we were there earlier in the year in February. I've been plenty of times before at Easter and it's always reliable snow there even though the town is only 1300m height.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Staying in the Var this week and Friday looks like being a Grand Bleu so heading to Les Orres for the day. Five hour round trip!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We're flying out to Galtur on Saturday. Never skied there before but it was such a fantastic bargain we were prepared to chance it. Anyway Ischgul doesn't seem too far away.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mother hucker wrote:
@Rappers, where abouts in Tignes you staying? Do you tour?
Hi, we're staying at Tignes 1800 this time. Sorry, no we're not tourers. Have a great week Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Klamm Franzer. Travelled with SunWeb 5 times. No scam, they are excellent.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lots of snow overnight (25cm in Val Thorens), so all shaping up for a great couple of weeks!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
10cm here in les arcs
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Only a few hours to go now! Have a great time everyone! And for those in VT, if you see someone in an orange jacket and white helmet then say hi!!! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So jealous of you all, have an amazing time. My husband and I usually drive the motorhome to Les Deux Alpes and stay at Champs du Moulin. Sadly I am 4 weeks post surgery on my thumb so not a chance of skiing until Christmas.....( haven’t told hubby that one yet ) Enjoy the fresh snow. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In station hotel in lillehammer at moment. Off up to hafjell tomorrow. Really is station hotel. Hotel room looks over platform and bus leaves from behind station! Got here despite Manchester airport baggage handling doing their best to scupper the train connection! One man loading bags by hand. Manchester airport at it's finest! Still great to see snow as I look out the window and yes beer is expensive but it's very civilised!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@lpsmc1, enjoy Happy. Looks like there's still lots of snow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flying to Innsbruck next weekend, hiring a car, staying in Zug (next door to Lech) for the first few days, then spending the rest of the week in St Anton. Snow conditions around the Arlberg look pretty good, some snow expected this coming week. Looks like a typical Easter ski trip with the possibility of better than usual snow depths and piste conditions. snowHead

Edit to mention that Strolz end of season sale starts Saturday, always some expensive bargains to be had! wink

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 7-04-19 15:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
I am sure I heard about certain areas who have fixed easter to be from the end of March irrespective of when Easter itself falls.

Leeds schools have already been off for a week (so have to go back for e few days before getting actual Easter w/e off); Harrogate schools just finishec; Bradford schools don't finish for another week.

As those three areas share boundaries you can imagine there is some frustrated multi kid families.

Go figure.
snow report
Flying out tomorrow to GVA. 10 days in the Grans Massif. 3rd tripf for me and the OH this season, second one for the kids. Meeting friends in resort. Hoping not too many French families have spotted the plentiful snow and opted to go for a week or so of their Spring holidays.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 7-04-19 13:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Tignes for us in Lavachet, family of 3 this time but also have friends (family of 6) in the next building at the same time.
snow report
@djf, where you staying mate, we are in les rives (overlooks nursery drag lift) in lavachet
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:

Sheffield Council have fixed ours as first two weeks of April regardless of when Easter falls.

Just back from a week in Val D’Isère. Great weather (including a decent dump of snow followed by a perfect bluebird day).

Not a single lift queue.

Booked to go back 28 March 2020 as looks like that week also misses French and most of UK Easter hols too.

Might not be so lucky in 2021 as Easter is earlier!
snow conditions
Gastein is empty today. Hardly saw anybody else, lifties seemed pleased to see us. Loads went home yesterday. Snowing at the top and raining at the bottom with very limited visibility. The mushette has discovered an unusual tree climbing technique Smile
snow conditions
We fly out tomorrow morning from Gatwick. We dropped our bags offs t the BA bag drop. Couldn’t believe how quiet it was. All bags checked in so can get up a little later tomorrow morning.
snow conditions
Up in Hafjell Norway this week. Bluebird days and empty slopes. Not a queue in sight. Done too to bottom, 7.5 km and not seen another person. Will be busier next week as Norwegian schools finish for Easter today. But we have thoroughly enjoyed the quiet/deserted slopes
ski holidays
@lpsmc1, have you taken the trip to Kvitfjell as well? I suspect it will have been even quieter there.
snow report
@mrgolf. We haven't as we don't have a car. Looked into it with public transport but not viable. We will def be back here so may get a car next time as would like to try Skeikampen too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy