Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter school hols 2019 Roll call

Poster: A snowHead
With the Easter school holidays kicking off on Sat for the majority of people, I thought it would be interesting to have a quick roll call on who's going where and when? Driving or flying? Family trip? First time or seasoned pros? How are the conditions looking?

Personally I'm off to Val Thorens on Saturday with the family. I've been to VT many times, but it's only the second trip for the kids (7 and 10) who loved going to Avoriaz last year, so I'm hoping that this trip will seal to deal and give them a life long love of skiing. It looks like it might dump down over the next few days to freshen everything up, but am hoping for sunshine after that - Easter skiing for me is all about long lunches outdoors, and skiing under blue skies. I've prepared the kids for some unsettled weather so any sun will be a bonus.

While I love my other skiing trips, I do particularly love the family easter trip - can't wait!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are off to Mayrhofen on the 13th. By waiting the extra week the accommodation prices came down significantly and we only needed 4 days leave, plus I get two days at home before having to go back to work / school.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also Mayrhofen but previous week, too long to wait for Easter (me and 2 kids 14 and 10).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm heading to Val Thorens on following weekend (13th) for the Family Bash, in the company of many fine Snowheads!

I can't wait!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Driving or flying? drove out on 29th with family (I will then commute back and forth), very quiet as it was meant to be Brexit day, repatriation on 23rd
Family trip? yes but meeting up with friends as and when
First time or seasoned pros? the latter
How are the conditions looking? I can only speak from a PSD pov, freeze-thaw conditions so nice and solid in the morning, good racing conditions on north-facing slopes, sugary snow towards lunchtime and afternoon. I love it at this time of year with the sun out, hard and fast early on then chill for the rest of the day!
The PDS was very quiet over the weekend, yep I know it's not full holidays yet, but I get the feeling it won't be too busy wherever anyone ends up.
Bon ski everyone!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in les arcs at the moment and the conditions are pretty good. I suspect they'll hold out to Easter. The resort is very, very quiet.

We are driving home on Sunday, and expect no problems.

Though I think the skiing will still be ok at Easter I decided some time ago not to ski this Easter but look for a climbing trip instead. So I have 4 more days on the snow this season. Crying or Very sad

I hope all of you coming out over the next few weeks have a good time and don't get too burnt.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll be sedating the children and packing them into their travel cages for the Family Bash, we hit the road on the 12th.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A flying visit to Sölden/Obergurgl for me and Child 1. Just four days of skiing next week but really looking forward to it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flying to Tignes via Chambery on Saturday. Have been to Tignes / Val D'I a load of times but either by Eurostar or flights to Geneva, so a little nervous about the Chambery experience.

We are taking some friends who are going to be on their first family ski holiday. We sort of sold it as glasses of wine on the sun terraces in the afternoon but the weather forecast is looking far more like snowy conditions..... which is 100% fine by me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
driving out to Tignes on friday evening for 2 weeks staying in Le Lac. 2 daughters aged 5 and 3 my wife and i. We're on the 20.36 chunnel crossing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heading out ahead of any potential Brexit disaster on the 11th (was going to be the 12th, then saw the potential for something brown hitting some rotating blades in a particularly Brexity fashion) and booking a hotel just south of the tunnel. Even if it turns out we didn't need to do that, it does mean avoiding getting up at 4am so that's a win. Then the epic long drive down on the Friday, another hotel, and then Family Bash in VT snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Out to vt on Sunday 14th. Conditions look promising, skis have been waxed and we are all getting excited, ski early to saulire, back for late lunch at 2 and sunbathe/booze in the afternon Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Down to les arcs on the 5th overnight driving to get there early on the 6th. Seasoned amateurs Laughing but first time EVER at Easter. Just wifey and me, so we’ve booked an expensive hotel to spoil ourselves.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Val Thorens on sat for a week, looking forward to it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Off to Norway on Saturday for 10 days. Hopefully no Brexit nonsense in Norway. Finland at Christmas. Just the not of Manchester airport on Saturday morning.
snow report
@jamescollings, where in Les arcs are you staying? Be interested in how you get on, tempted by Les arcs 1950 for next year.
snow report
Eurotunnel evening of the 11th to be on the slopes of Tignes morning of the 13th. Staying in Le Boisse.
ski holidays
@brovert, do you tour? ill be in Tignes then
snow conditions
Driving down to Meribel Village after school/work on Friday 5th
ski holidays
Up at the sparrows fart on 13 April to join the SH hordes on the SFaB. 11 days and counting Happy.
latest report
@Mother hucker, Probably not this time. Daughter is back from uni for the week.
snow report
Another one out to VT on Saturday, with the family (we’ll mostly - eldest is staying home to prep for A levels).

Flying into GVA early evening courtesy of EJ, then renting a car. First time I’ve hired from Swiss side, maybe those winter tyres will prove useful if we’re lucky with that snow
ski holidays
tomj wrote:
I'm heading to Val Thorens on following weekend (13th) for the Family Bash, in the company of many fine Snowheads!

I can't wait!

Hopefully without the Brexit thread crowd (although some will be there) or you won't be waiting to get back home again!
ski holidays
Flying to GVA, week in Chamonix on Saturday. Catered for the first time in 10 years - amazing bargain! So excited about not having to cook.
We’re going to do other stuff as week as ski as it’s our 2nd family trip this year. Climbing wall, aiguille midi, Mer De Glace etc
latest report
Flying to GVA, week in Chamonix on Saturday. Catered for the first time in 10 years - amazing bargain! So excited about not having to cook.
We’re going to do other stuff as week as ski as it’s our 2nd family trip this year. Climbing wall, aiguille midi, Mer De Glace etc
snow report
@Handy Turnip at the Taj-I-Mah in Arc2000.
latest report
Driving down to Tignes on Saturday with friends and family. We had lots of snow on our previous trip back in December and the forecast appears to be promising the same next week! Had been looking forward to spring snow and chilled sunny apres afternoons!
snow report
lpsmc1 wrote:
Off to Norway on Saturday for 10 days.

Where abouts?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hemavan in southern Lapland for a short week 14-18th with the family. Fly from Stockholm. It’s -5C and snowing Smile
snow report
@Rappers, where abouts in Tignes you staying? Do you tour?
snow conditions
@Pejoli, I think the winter tyres are only supplied December to March not in April, but don't worry the roads are clear and it is well above zero at the moment.
snow report
@jamescollings, the Taj I Mah from the 6th until Easter. You are smashing out. Could you please tell us what it's like. Their promotional do in London laid on some fantastic food.
ski holidays
Lol. I found an amazing deal (well.. compared to full price) on trivago. The tripadvisor reviews alternate between people saying that the drinks are expensive (NSS! A hotel claiming 5stars 2km above sea level? Of course the drinks are expensive) and other people saying that it isn’t up to other 5star hotels they been to (probably comparing it to a beach-side hotel).

I’ll do a trip report with my own perceptions Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Off to Tignes 13th - 20th April with a Skiworld package. Never skied France before (always Austria) and never skied so late in the season. Excitement is an understatement!
ski holidays
Just booked a very last minute trip to Les Coaches (Paradisiki), self drive and self catering with the family. Complete bargain with sun web, so much so that I hope it isn't a scam!
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, apartments this late in the season should be dirt cheep. There is lots of availability and to many owners a 100 euros is better than nothing. How big is the apartment?
ski holidays
Just nipping off for 4 days in Les Contamines with my daughter. OH is staying to look after our puppy and our boy wants to focus on his GCSE revision (his choice).

Really looking forward to it. We'll do a day videoing for her GCSE PE, perhaps a day trip to Grands Montets and I hope to take her on her first ski tour.
snow conditions
@johnE, 2 room apartment 40m2, so not huge but ok. £960 including 6 day Paradisiki passes (worth 976 Euro). Less than £1700 for 4 of us including tunnel, tolls, fuel and ski hire, I reckon. Somewhat less than half term!
ski holidays
In wales the holidays are a week later, great for cheaper deals, my ferry is booked for the 13th of April, and we are going down inthe campervan. Waiting to see what conditions are like and may abandon all together and just go to mid france somewhere if it's too warm.
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, 40m2 for 200 pounds sounds about right. Have a great trip.

There appears to be lots of English children here in les arcs at the moment. Is it the English schools spring break?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy