Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon XPro 120 or 130

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Based on my previous post and a discussion with the fitter at Lockwoods, buying either of these in a value previous season model could be the answer that for current eos pricing could be doable . . .already have pimped up XPro 100's which are def too soft - looking at previous info this range of boots are inherently soft (in terms of stated flex) than others but are oh so comfy . . I am 95kgs unfit level 8/9 skier

Would it be better to go for 130's (as these could be made softer worst case) than buying 120's on a deal and wishing they were stiffer . . .? Real-world user experience would be helpful before end of season sales end! Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Belch, depends on your foot width, but defo go for the 130.

Check out the Nordica Speedmachine 130 as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimastaaah,

The Xpro 100's I currently own are comfy slippers but too floppy/outgrown in terms of flex - the Xpro 130's would ostensibly be the same model / shape (to accept my custom footbed etc) and therefore the same last for my wideish buniontastic feet . . the thought being that I retain similar comfort/shape albeit with a stiffer/less floppy flex . . . ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have to agree these are comfy! "pimped up", does that mean you changed the flex adjustment on back of boot from "Sport" to "Performance"? That is supposed to give you 10% more...so say 110. If you buy 120 then you could get that towards 130 with the adjustment. Do you need 30%+ more flex? Are your current ones really that floppy? I'd step up rather than jump up. Having said all of that it is down to how much ankle flex and strength you have to push the 130s.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 100s are not only set to performance...they have an additional salomon racing shim behind the cuff and a sidas race booster strap....they are still too floppy and I can overflex them way too easily....

Looking at historic user reviews lots believe the flex on these boots is softer than stated hence me going for a 130 rather than 120...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds.like 130 then! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy