Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski for free 2020 all season.

Poster: A snowHead
I'd have really liked to have taken you up on your kind offer @nixmap, but you posted it 2 days too soon for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike Pow wrote:
nixmap wrote:
So seriously ... any volunteers ?

What is expected from you for 2019/20?

Responsibilities?

Start?

Finish?

The package / remuneration?

That might garner interest.

And an SR from your previous 'season hosts' would be extremely helpful / illuminating.

Same as before although child minding is relegated in favour of party planning and occasional guest ferrying.

The whole season depending on your nationallilty
None/None
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
NDA, @Mike Pow, NDA.....

Privacy is a good thing but its not enforced by me.
I think you will find that respect for our privacy comes from a mutual understanding of those involved and a sense of a win win outcome.
Being subject to a 'snowhead inquisition' is also something best avoided.

In short no news is good news
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
betterinblack wrote:
pam w wrote:
NDA, @Mike Pow, NDA.....

Nah we had a mini trip report once, Mrs Nixmap seemed especially interested in the 'boys weekend' hookers and blow

fake news
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve said every year, that if you have the right skills ( I don’t, I can’t cook ), and your circumstances are such that that you are available ( I’m not ), that if you enter into this with your eyes open, then, on the face of it, it seems like a win-win. I wish I could, but I can’t, so I won’t be investing Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No doubt it’s fine for a weekend but surely pretty dull for a season no? Where else can you ski round there?

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The fact the last pair lasted 3 years surely says a lot. You don't do this for 3 years unless it's a great arrangement
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, there's nowt wrong with getting to know a small area intimately. . . .

and . . . 5.4.3.2.1 . . . my mind is not always in the gutter you horrid people rolling eyes It actually looks quite a pleasant challenge for an intermediate skier/boarder to hammer down their techniques and I suspect a fair amount of off piste fun too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
The fact the last pair lasted 3 years surely says a lot. You don't do this for 3 years unless it's a great arrangement

Since we've not heard directly from them maybe it took 3 years to escape from the cellar?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to say I am intrigued, each season you come on here. We are intending to do a season at some point in the next few years but probably I’ll message you rather than run the gamut of this thread Very Happy
In the meantime well done for putting up with us and giving as good as you get.
Can I watch now?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 14-04-19 15:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
No doubt it’s fine for a weekend but surely pretty dull for a season no? Where else can you ski round there?

wrong place, old news.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
henzerani wrote:
I have to say I am intrigued, each season you come on here. We are intending to do a season at some point in the next few years but probably I’ll message you rather than run the gamut of this thread Very Happy
In the meantime we’ll done for putting up with us and giving as good as you get.
Can I watch now?

Sure any time if you make it public you when apply, you will be subject to the snowheads grand inquisitor.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque wrote:
@BobinCH, there's nowt wrong with getting to know a small area intimately. . . .

and . . . 5.4.3.2.1 . . . my mind is not always in the gutter you horrid people rolling eyes It actually looks quite a pleasant challenge for an intermediate skier/boarder to hammer down their techniques and I suspect a fair amount of off piste fun too.

Intimacy is exactly the word that summarizes the overall ethos of the whole idea. Masque, you are quite the poet.
But its the wrong place.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
:@nixmap, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nixmap wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

wrong place, old news.

Where is it then? The fact that you are so coy about the location suggests it’s not very good. Which is a problem if you’re advertising it as an attractive season long skiing option.
snow conditions
@BobinCH, it is pretty dull, I skied there once at the end of March for two days and was thoroughly done with it by the end. It almost all faces south and isn't that high so late season conditions are pretty dire. We then round to Engelberg for the following two days and the contrast couldn't have been starker, perfect winter snow on piste, and fresh snow off piste with much more interesting terrain. I don't think that I would ever go back to Meiringen. Engelberg is probably too far to regularly day trip from Meiringen for whoever takes this
ski holidays
A few years ago it was Klosters and Gstaad.
snow report
@rambotion, well he says it’s not Meiringen so who knows but if it was half decent surely he’d say where it was. And going to nearby resorts, notwithstanding the need for a car / fuel / time to get to, are going to be very expensive for day passes if they are any good eg Engelberg (I see Titlis in the background on that piste map if it is in fact Meiringen). So given he’s not paying you’re essentially getting an apartment in a not very sought after area in return for whatever work is required. Might suit a hermit, beginner, who can generate some income working from home, but doubt the appeal would be very broad. And the fact that he’s so coy with any further details suggests he doesn’t want them available for others to comment on (eg compare a comparative rental cost for a season rental) which is hardly encouraging. So come on Nix, tell us why you are hiding all the important details?
snow report
@BobinCH, don't indulge him. He's just a form of troll who gets off on the secrecy and has no desire to be part of the community once he gets his free workers.
snow report
@BobinCH, don't indulge him. He's just a form of troll who gets off on the secrecy and has no desire to be part of the community once he gets his free workers.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, +1
ski holidays
Why so much hostility?

As above, in 2015 it was Gstaad and Klosters. It may still be. Hardly poor resorts or for beginners only.

See: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=111384#2550776

From that post, use of a 4x4 was also included.
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Why so much hostility?

As above, in 2015 it was Gstaad and Klosters. It may still be. Hardly poor resorts or for beginners only.

See: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=111384#2550776

From that post, use of a 4x4 was also included.

Well if it’s Gstaad/Klosters with lift pass for both and transport then that’s certainly better than Meiringen! I’m not against the concept, I quite like it. But for me it would be all about how good the skiing would be and that means the apartment location is key

In comparison a guy I know drives at weekends which funds a (shared) apartment in Verbier plus lift pass and (limited) beer money. I’m sure Nix apartment is better and perhaps less hours/work but this guy gets a lot of good skiing in...
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Why so much hostility?

All the poor folk getting upset cos some dood with cash wants a cheap servant for a few weeks.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
A few years ago it was Klosters and Gstaad.

depending on snow conditions
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Why so much hostility?

All the poor folk getting upset cos some dood with cash wants a cheap servant for a few weeks.

I prefer the description "happy volunteers"
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
So come on Nix, tell us why you are hiding all the important details?

I figured I posted it so many times before the details are getting repetitive.
Depends what lens you look through, I am always optimistic that for the right couple, its win win.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

WOW , we have had so many good times with our volunteers, I dont even know where to start to reply to this negativity.

maybe this will help

http://youtube.com/v/vb5Egmp7bYs
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nixmap, that doesn't answer DotM point that apart from coming on here once a year in search of volunteers/unpaid workers, you contribute nothing else to the site.
snow report
Did we ever establish what resort it's in?
ski holidays
@adithorp, But is that true? or is it hyperbole? or hyperbollocks?
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:

See above.
latest report
Riccardo wrote:
@adithorp, But is that true? or is it hyperbole? or hyperbollocks?
a search reveals a handful of posts on other matters.
latest report
davidof wrote:
Portrait mode in 2019, I mean, really?

Mobile first, everything is going vertical these days wink
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:

See above.

I'll assume that's a no then wink

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 18-04-19 10:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Riccardo, fair enough, a quick search does show @nixmap, has made about a dozen posts in the last 2 years unrelated to their "volunteers".
So I take it back; Crack on with the posts looking to help you avoid employment tax, social security, pension, workers rights, etc...
ski holidays
@adithorp, My hyperbollocks comment was (in my head) a criticism of the seemingly arbitrary judgement of whether someone is/isn't making a 'contribution to the community'.

But you've now defined quite explicitly what making a contribution is and I must admit wasn't aware of it and possibly @nixmap wasn't either. Maybe make it a sticky so others are not caught out in the future?
snow report
Quote:

I have a question, it's not a criticism; why do skiers feel the need to "twerk" their way down every nice powder field?

Hmmm. I don't always ski powder in short swings but I admit I love the sensation of turning in untracked powder so the more turns the better to some extent.

Big surfy turns are almost as much fun once the snow is heavier and tracked so I may well have the first couple of runs in short turns and migrate to big surfy turns once its been skied a bit.

What I like best are slopes spotted with trees and bushes, little mounds and roll overs where you have to adjust to the terrain - swoop across an open stretch, wiggle through some obstacles then open it up again.
latest report
Riccardo wrote:
@adithorp, My hyperbollocks comment was (in my head) a criticism of the seemingly arbitrary judgement of whether someone is/isn't making a 'contribution to the community'.

But you've now defined quite explicitly what making a contribution is and I must admit wasn't aware of it and possibly @nixmap wasn't either. Maybe make it a sticky so others are not caught out in the future?

Well he's never posted a trip report, some stoke of the skiing of which he obviously takes copious videos other than in his ad thread to troll a bite, much advice on CH skiing more generally and none of his "slaves/mates" never sem to have posted even a guide to the resorts they must be intimately familiar with. Doesn't sound like sHs is much more than a handy noticeboard for him. He might be a lovely charming funny bloke who is great fun to hang out with but manages to hide that all under a bushel in his online persona.
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:

See above.

I'll assume that's a no then wink

A yes as far as I'm concerned.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy