Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most reliable weather forecast for Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello chaps, sorry if this has been done to death, and I acknowledge the comment on one of the other posts about people being paranoid about snow conditions yet acknowledging the huge recent dump, but whilst nuturing my paronia about some rain forecasts and rising temperatures.

I was wondering whats the best web link for Les Arcs's weather. Puzzled

Using the link on Mysnowsports gives a mixture of snowy rain and max temps 9oc

http://www.montagne-virtuel.com/meteo/index.php?id=FRXX0142&city=BOURG%20SAINT%20MAURICE&Num=73

But using Metcheck's free 7 day forecast, http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=28 gives us a lot of rain and a freezing level of up to 3200m

But! Snow forecast.com 3 day forecast says snow, snow snow! Madeye-Smiley

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs.0to3bot.shtml

SO is it all bobbins? What do they chaps who go there often do? Wait and see?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG gives the most reliable weather and snow reports. Forecasting is for the fairies. wink
snow report
 brian
brian
Paul Chittenden, I prefer to go straight to the horse's mouth, as it were, and look at the output of the models forecasters use. However, sometimes there is just zero confidence in the model output.

In the next couple of days, it will cool down over the French alps with some further snowfall today and tomorrow. By Sunday, cold air will be pushing down from the North East but another weather system from the Atlantic will be trying to push in from the West. The $64K question is how far it will get ?

For the likes of Les Arcs, if it pushes right through it will be mild and wet, but if the cold air wins out the freezing level could stay right down in the valleys.

It really is anyone's guess at the moment.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
kuwait_ian, watch it !! You might crease my tutu Evil or Very Mad NehNeh Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I pay for access to the long range Meteo France forecasts, which have been reasonably accurate recently. A snowline below resort level up until Sunday night, when Brian's front is likely to affect things - the snowline estimated to climb to 1900m or so....

Changeable weather on Monday, remaining warm, then long sunny periods from Tuesday through Thursday, zero around 2000m.

Not too bad really for this time of year.
latest report
 brian
brian
Hurrah ! The cold seems to be winning on today's runs.

Very cold through Sunday/Monday and only gradually warming up through the week. Largely dry, should be fantastic skiing Paul snowHead

Are Meteo France changing their tune at all yet, PG ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Very cold through Sunday/Monday and only gradually warming up through the week. Largely dry, should be fantastic skiing Paul

I jolly well hope so!!! snowHead snowHead get to Chambery at 8am tomorrow, !!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul Chittenden, I updated the forecast in the Les Arcs thread earlier...

A ton of snow expected tomorrow though, to lowish altitude....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy