Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hestra Army Mitts - 5 fingers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My beloved Hestras have finally died. They have lasted me for 6 years and over 150 glorious days.

So to replace them.... I have the 'claw' style with 5 finger liner which I can't seem to find anywhere other than on Hestra's website.
https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/alpine-pro/31462-army-leather-gore-tex/100/

The shops all seem to have similar mitts, but with 3 finger liners.

Does anyone know where I can get these gloves with 5 finger liners?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have these claw style mitts, and looking at the Hestra website, I think there has been something lost in translation; I don't think they actually do a 5 finger 'glove' inside the claw mitt.

The inners (which are attached and not removable, as they are on the non-Gore Tex Army Leather Heli-Ski) are only 3 finger (the same as the outer), so effectively a thumb, forefinger and the remaining 3 fingers.

I think the reference to a 5 finger inner is somewhat misleading.

Nick

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 25-03-19 15:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow and Rock have them on sale. But no mention of the liners in the product information
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bar shaker, speak to the guys at sport pete in st anton

https://www.sportpete.com/

they supply just about every Hestra configuration, i've got 2 different liners for mine and they sorted for me. They do mail order.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bar shaker, I have both the five finger and three finger inners for my lobster claw Hestra’s. I swap them around depending on the temperature. (I find the three finger inners to be warmer).

They are not expensive. I often replace them ( new ones are warmer). I get them online. If you can’t find them let me know. Sometimes I get them in the US as they come quicker/have a larger stock.

I am there in May- PM me if you can’t find them online here.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 26-03-19 0:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lynnecha wrote:
@bar shaker, I have both the five finger and three finger inners for my lobster claw Hestra’s. I saw them around depending on the temperature. (I find the three finger inners to be warmer).

They are not expensive. I often replace them ( new ones are warmer). I get them online. If you can’t find them let me know. Sometimes I get them in the US as they come quicker/have a larger stock.

I am there in May- PM me if you can’t find them online here.

...except on the version that @bar shaker references, https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/alpine-pro/31462-army-leather-gore-tex/100/ , the inners are not removable and are a 3 finger liner.

Nick
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are the same ones I have. Three finger. Army leather/goretex. Heli Ski. They originally came with a five finger inner. It is removable. Exactly as per the photo and description. Honest. Only mine are red. Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 26-03-19 1:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bar shaker, try these people. I bought my original gloves from them mail order and liners since then.

https://www.theski-shop.co.uk/

Or if no joy, these are the people I order through in the US. They seem to have a wide range of stock. They are distributors and speak fluent Hestra.

https://store.christysports.com/

This time of year is awkward- you may have to wait until the new stock comes in next Autumn.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all of your help people.

There are two types of these ‘lobster’ 3 finger mitts. One type has a liner for each zone and the other has a liner for each finger. This last sort is what I had and the part number I linked. These also have reinforcing leather patches over the thumb and fore finger - which you would wear out with snowboard bindings. This 5 finger type also have Goretex gauntlets. When it’s cold, pulling the cord on these makes them super toasty.

Anyway I’m in Covent Garden so called into EB. They only have the lower grade ones. A quick hop over to Snow+Rock and result! £105 in the sale too.

He’s to another 5-6 years of warm comfy hands.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bar shaker, glad you got it sorted!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought a pair of ‘lobster 3 finger’ Hestra gauntlets with 5 finger removable inners off Amazon for £49.99 - these had PU patches rather than leather, so I suspect they’re the ‘cheap’ version but I was very happy with them!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Amunah wrote:
I bought a pair of ‘lobster 3 finger’ Hestra gauntlets with 5 finger removable inners off Amazon for £49.99 - these had PU patches rather than leather, so I suspect they’re the ‘cheap’ version but I was very happy with them!!

PU patches sounds more Ressra than Hestra.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy