Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Cross Instructors Alp D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of any Ski Cross schools / instructors in Alp D'Huez please? We're heading out there for Easter and my 12 y/o son is quite keen to have a good go. Skied ski cross tracks before which is amazing fun but before just throwing him in at the deep end of a race, would like to know if there's anyone out there who provides this sort of tuition to build up to a race.

Thanks heaps
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just speculating but I'd have thought any instructor who does race training would do. Just ask the school.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Strangely enough they list boardercross sessions on their website, but not skicross.

https://www.esf-uk.co.uk/boarder-cross

I would imagine they would have someone as there are / were a couple of locals who were really successful in the discipline :-

http://www.skiclub-huez.com/le-club-alpe-d-huez/les-champions.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know, I saw the bit about boarder cross but nothing about ski cross. Will dig a little deeper....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Be interested to know how you get on, just in case anybody asks me the same question some time again.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just out of interest, does anyone start out with skier cross or does everyone learn skiing gates and then move on to ski cross. Would have thought it is safer better to learn to race without other people on the course but I just don't know.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jedster, my niece went the other way - moved from ski-x to alpine racing. However this is in Whistler where they push the “freeride” events at least as hard as traditional alpine. Seems like the east coast Canada is more alpine racing biased than the laid back west coasters
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
K, update time.

After toing and fringe with ESF in Alp' D'Huez who said no problem, when you book your ski lesson just mention you want to do Ski Cross in the comments box. Sorted.

However.....We ended up doing a group booking for the children, no box came up but we proceeded with the booking. Emailed ESF again and they said as we did a group booking no comment section would come up. Fair enough. Then said if we just booked for one of them would this box come up and are ski cross lessons at a similar time to normal ski school lessons as the gang want to hang out as much as possible. Yes, the comment box would be available but ski cross is a private lesson only, in the afternoon, and we cannot guarantee the condition of the ski cross course. Wish they could have made this clear at the first but there you go Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from Alpe d'Huez. In previous years they had a ski cross track with small jumps which was fun, but I didn't see it this year. The snowpark looked like it had been improved, but I wouldn't be counting on a decent ski cross track.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @rzer, how were the conditions in Alpe 'd'Huez?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy