Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna Di campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm heading to Madonna Di campiglio next weekend. Just looking for any advice, runs to try, bars to go to , good food places or anything in general to look out for !
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of runs do you like?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pinzolo worth a few hours, quieter runs and superb scenery
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For civilised apres our favourites are Bar Suisse or the Hungry Wolf.

There's a long flat blue, no 66 I think down into Groste, which is best avoided unless your arms need a workout. Apart from that the rest of the area is all great!
If you like it steep you'll love the Schumacher, named after Michael Schumacher who had a Villa in Madonna.

We're going on Saturday with Crystal so maybe see you on the coach?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Riccardo wrote:
What sort of runs do you like?

I like reds, did a lot in mayrhofen recently so I'm fairly comfortable with them . Long ones aswell are fun!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sailbad the Sinner wrote:

There's a long flat blue, no 66 I think down into Groste, which is best avoided unless your arms need a workout. Apart from that the rest of the area is all great!
If you like it steep you'll love the Schumacher, named after Michael Schumacher who had a Villa in Madonna.

Thanks will check those out! Not sure about the Schumacher, only tried one black and just about got down it! Did a few of those long blues, not a fan of them at all so will avoid that one!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefint wrote:
Sailbad the Sinner wrote:

Thanks will check those out! Not sure about the Schumacher, only tried one black and just about got down it! Did a few of those long blues, not a fan of them at all so will avoid that one!

It's hilarious the first time, you make your way down a reasonably blackish run until it peters out into a flatish track. Just as you start wondering whether you're going to have to start poling in a bit, there is a sheer drop on your left which takes the breath away. Luckily you can keep going to the far side of the piste which is still steep but avoids starting it in freefall.

Loads of nice reds, l thought both Pinzolo and Folgarida were a bit cheaper, quieter and had better skiing but it's all good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone point me at a rental shop with ski & boot storage near lifts please? Have friends staying at sporthotel plaza Romantica which seems quite central.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Theres a rather nice restaurant - Cascina Zeledria - off run 54 (towards Campo Carlo Magno). We had a couple of very nice meals upstairs there (not sure if the menu is the same downstairs). If there's not enough snow for 54 to be open they run a landrover shuttle from the side of Piste 50 down to the restaurant.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is a thread from a few years back but you might still find it helpful/relevant.... https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2432045&highlight=mdc#2432045
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@thefint, I'm sure you'll enjoy Madonna, we've been about 6 times now. The red's on the Cinque Laghi side are steeper and more enjoyable than the ones on the Groste and Pradalago areas, Plenty of good mountain resutarnts and the centre of town is lovely. Make sure you get to Folgardia, can be a bit busy but the home runs in the middle of the day are quite long and p[leasant. The best run in my view is the long red down to the mid station of the Daolasa gondola, never busy past the chair and always a great cruise.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
First day today. Lovely and sunny, warm until around 3pm.
Snow in great condition higher up, a bit slushy down towards Marilleva. Nice up Pradalago this morning. Best snow for us today on the reds on Passo Groste.
Clouding over now.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Sailbad the Sinner, Please keep the reports coming. Hope to out there next week (knee permitting!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a difference a day makes.
Sunshine and warm temperatures yesterday followed by a cold night left a lot of hard icy pistes. The black Nera at Folgarida was positively treacherous this morning.

The snow-making in Madonna is second to none but the fresh snow was being blown straight off the exposed runs this afternoon.

Could be worse, Sinner jnr is in Val d'Isere and reports almost everything is closed today.

Very windy now but sunshine forecast for tomorrow.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ouch! Sends like character building conditions. Hope it improves for you.
latest report
Sounds, not sends
snow report
@DGC.... don't mean to sound too negative, we had a great day, skid/side slipped 'till the last lift!
Let's face it we're in Madonna. If every lift was shut and we had to have a day in the Suisse Bar with an Aperol Spritz or three it would still be a great holiday!
Going to head over to Pinzolo tomorrow.
snow conditions
Much easier going today. Still a bit of ice around but generally much less hard packed. Glorious sunshine. Just about warm enough to sit outside for lunch.
snow report
Got back from there on Wednesday! Had an absolute blast , some really excellent skiing there didn't expect it to be so good! Was in a group with skiiers much better than me but we got a lot covered! Most of the blacks were ok , I didn't chance the end of the 70 (the Schumacher) it was a bit too steep! Struggled with black No1 as it was very long and there was no change in the gradient.
The reds were sensational! The top of the groste down is a really nice run and a great practice area.
Also the run home from Folgardia(think it was red 10 ) was very enjoyable.
Not much in terms of apres ski, very quiet up market bars.
Really enjoyed the jumper bar, beers were cheap and the staff brought us down around 3 free pizzas each day while we drank there after the skiing!
I will
ski holidays
@thefint....
Sounds like you had a great time.
I think Madonna is my favourite resort, not a huge area but lots of variety.
The snow-making and grooming is amazing. I really like the signs at the start of every piste stating the length, average gradient and maximum gradient. Makes those nasty surprises a bit less likely!
I've only done the Schumacher in perfect conditions, it's steep but not too hard with freshly groomed fresh snow. I didn't fancy it on last week's hard pack, not sure my edging is good enough.
Favourite run is Amazonia, lovely winding rolling piste in the trees, maybe should be red not black.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy