Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon x-race or Dynastar Speedzone 16 for L2 exam?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have shortlisted 2 pairs of skis:

1. DYNASTAR SPEED ZONE TI 16 + NX 12 K. DUAL WTR B80 2018 (163 cm) (CHF 407)

2. Salomon X-RACE SW+Z12 Speed (165 cm) (CHF 380)

I am 178 cm talk, 76 kg
Looking for a pair of skis that give me good grip on icy condition when I do the BASI level 2
As they are both on sale, there is no longer size available
My first concern is the ski length, will they be too short for me?
Then, I would like to know which ski do you prefer?

I understand the pilot is more important than the plane in the course, but I still want a better plane Very Happy

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definitely too short for your height and weight I would say: keep in mind that these skis have rockers, so you want them a few cm longer than "normal" in any case. If you really insist on a short manoeuvrable ski you might as well buy a proper Slalom ski at 165cm. There is a trend for taking the higher level Tech exams on slalom skis: A bit more difficult in the bumps, but perfect for shorts, and great for making long turns look more dynamic.

If you want value for money and a high quality all-round piste ski have a look at the K2 Speedcharger (or at a pinch the Supercharger, although that ski is a touch wider underfoot at 76mm). K2s are generally on sale with big discounts as the Brand is less well-known/appreciated in Europe. Or if you have the money and want to go the whole hog, The Völkl Deacon 74 is amaaazing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
x-Race in 180 if you can find. The 165's are way too short. Take into consideration the X-Race is a rocker ski, and will "ski" considerably shorter.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both too short. I ski Speedzone 14 and love them, but if money is tight then look at Private Sport Shop, some good deals there right now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic redster? I prefer them over my x-race
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks!
But I changed my mind and bought the Salomon x max 12 in 169 cm haha
hope they will do well!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy