Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Superguide Carbon Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All!

So I've had my Scott Superguides since Oct 2017. First outing was in early '18 and I reckon they've done about 25 days touring. They're the ones with the external walking mechanism, rather than the earlier internal version... if that makes sense.

In Chamonix last week and I had three things fall off... inside the boot there's fabric strap that allows you to ensure a bit of plastic doesn't catch on the inner boot when inserting into shell. I've managed to snap both of these off (one in each boot) and now those plastic bits are folding over when I insert the inner boot. Additionally, the fabric loop on the back of the inner boot that you can hang on to in order to get your foot in, has snapped on the right boot.

My question to you... is that normal wear and tear, or perhaps a known feature of the boot? Or is it something that I ought to bring up with the seller (conscious of the time between bits falling off and purchase)?

Thanks for your help/advice!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's probably not normal wear and tear as they'd be expected to last more than 25 days of use. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if fabric straps are there as an aid for support rather than for actively pulling on.

Personally, I'd take them back to the shop you bought them from and have a chat with them. Any halfway decent shop is going to do their best to support their customers and will know the best way forward.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy