Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Burton spares

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got a good source for finding spares for Burton bindings. I've broken a highback on a pair of 14-15 Cartels.
Spoken to Burton, basically shrug and pass off to the dealer network, where its a few years old, doubt anyone will have spares lying around in the parts bin.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Richard_Sideways, Have you contacted Burton in Innsbruck. Have found them very helpful in the past. Very likely they might replace the bindings.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^this
Give Burton Innsbruck a call, Ive always found them helpful.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Worth a try. Will track down an email address for them
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Worth a try. Will track down an email address for them

go online, there is a form/ticket helpdesk
https://www.burtonhelp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's where I tried a week ago and got nowhere... I rang their UK number to follow up and they said that I should approach the UK dealer network.

At a pinch I'll epoxy putty the damn thing back in place...

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Out of warranty they may help but they know the rear highbacks get nailed under chairs
Europe 00 800 287 86613
I also found these
austria 00 43 720 880171
uk 01604 422940

If you get a choice Mission highbacks might be firmer
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was the UK number I rang. Are the Missions stiffer now? I moved from Missions to Cartels back in '15 and I'd say they were noticibly more flexible.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Since about 2014 or 15 ......it was when the Flagship flex pattern changed (which was the new better flexing model you purchased with more setback)
When trying to get replacements from burton so long as mission highbacks fit I would get them and not worry about matched colours.... as often you get givern some odd non matched colour anyway .
I would say the highback adjuster failed and it was NOT from a chairlift issue as you were on a T bar all day or week and always kick the rear highback down on the morning chair as you are aware of this issue since back in the day .

In the above I am not certain Mission 14/15 highbacks fit 14/15 Cartels so this needs to be checked out first .... but they used to be interchangable

If they offered new binders I would consider a firmer mission pair without doubt over soft Cartel highbacks ..its personal choice of course.
I have seen very good riders with softer genisis binders on a 61 flag during a powder week.... that rider had a choice of any board or binder sold in europe

Some riders dont care or it doesnt matter to them nevertheless understanding flex is a very key point in the 3 hardgoods both longtudinal and torsional in boards (highbacks to a much lesser degree but it matters .)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 7-03-19 1:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Probably better off buying some used bindings off a seasonaire FB page.

There were a pair of CO2s on the Tignes 'for sale' page last week. €50 and they were in good nick.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the 16/17 missions, and they have the same crappy high-back adjuster.
One of mine failed towards the end of last season, I managed to fashion it back in place with a pair of needle nosed pliers, and some BSI.
It still comes out if I try to adjust it, so now its roughly in the right place I just leave it be.
I have probably ridden 30 days since.
I keep meaning to drop it into Slopestyle, but never seem to get around to it.
If you get anywhere with Burton, please let me know.
I would concur that the chair-lift thing is total BS, as its the one on my front leg.
Even if it were an interaction between chair lift and binding, then I would suggest that it's not fit for purpose, as people who use snowboard bindings are also likely to use chairlifts.
If you take the whole thing out you will see that the lug at the bottom of the screw thread that locates it is tiny, and is faced with a thin rubber shim.
Normally the forces in play would probably keep this in place, but if you apply pressure to the top of the high back only, without any being applied further down it's length.
This could happen if set to lots of forward lean with a stiffish boot, as that high back flexes more the the boot which creates a small gap between the back edge of the boot and the high back, as they are no longer parallel. This gap would be exactly where the adjuster screw is, so there is then no restraining force.

IMHO, it's just poor design in an attempt to re-look the high back.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Update: rang Burton again and got the case reopened (the 00800 number on the website, did ring Innsbruck direct but they told me to contact service team unless I was local to the store) .

Much more helpful this time around. They looked at the photos while I was on the phone and are looking into an appropriate replacement and going to email me back.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whats the service team ph number and contact details and are they Innsbruck ?

I think another 0800 number for Innsbruck used to work but you seem to be on track .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think the number above is the 0800BURTON13 one so has been around for ever .
latest report
And, the epilogue: Sorted.
Yesterday, a package arrived from Burton containing 2 new highbacks, completely free of charge.
Moral of the story? Burton customer service is pretty good, but it's best to talk to a human.
latest report
@Richard_Sideways, Excellent. Well done Burton.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy