Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

well....there's steep...and then there's STEEEEP

Poster: A snowHead
Holy Cr+p

http://youtube.com/v/LIfhbMVN3fY
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Completely insane
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@valais2,
Great Vid thanks for posting
It was discussed a little bit last year.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=136746
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is that skiing?
Real skill.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is nuts. Unbelievable skills but like many others I struggle to see it as skiing. Was there any part of the descent that wasn't sidestepped or ice-axed? It's some kind of new hybrid sport that probably should have a cool name of its own.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@T Bar, apologies ... missed it first time around ....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bodeswell wrote:
Was there any part of the descent that wasn't sidestepped or ice-axed? .

Well the skier answered that question: “down climbing with skis on my feet”!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@abc, that’s right. And there were some extraordinary jump turns too...which is skiing I think. Not many, I warrant you. But they were in there.

All through my learning in skiing, there have been days of pushing it and just practising the same thing or terrain over and over... whether on steeps or ice, or narrows, etc. And the next day, you back off and just have a ‘day on the piste’ - and everything is suddenly easier and more relaxed...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I guess that is true ski mountaineering, rather than the more usual skin/climb up, then rappel/ski down.

@valais2, I agree that pushing limits one day, makes skiing the next much easier Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Coincidentally this video turned up in my feed this morning. Looks like he does similar things without skis on Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/MRzeLDkWT1c
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
valais2 wrote:
@T Bar, apologies ... missed it first time around ....

I'm really glad you posted it I hadn't seen the video, I was just trying to point to a bit of discussion about the chap.
Wasn't meaning to reprimand you for not knowing about a small thread a year ago. Apologies from me if it came over that way.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
if you've got skis on it's skiing Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great skills but didn’t look much fun. I get axes and rappels for hard to access couloirs off the Midi in Cham or La Grave for example but here there was no (skiing) prize. And if the skis hadn’t gripped on that icy section, not sure how he’d have secured himself and transitioned to crampons? Although the guy did scale Everest twice in a week so I guess he’d have found a way!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bodeswell wrote:
That is nuts. Unbelievable skills but like many others I struggle to see it as skiing. Was there any part of the descent that wasn't sidestepped or ice-axed? It's some kind of new hybrid sport that probably should have a cool name of its own.
Maybe icing? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno wrote:
if you've got skis on it's skiing Toofy Grin

In Terry Jones best Brian's mother voice, "You're not skiing, you're just a very naughty boy."
ski holidays
But it's not skiing. Look, this learner was told that side slipping isn't skiing.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140782

Ah, but once you can ski like he can, then doing this is skiing!

Anyway, I've been to the Troll wall. It is a mile high, and looks pretty much vertical. We walked up round the other side, and then looked over the edge. I thought the contours would be closer together than this, but anyway.

https://goo.gl/maps/uSbezYqJFnm
snow conditions
@James the Last, ..I climb. I wet myself on some things in England. Let’s face it, Harrison’s can be a right pain, with all that sandy roundness. But the TROLL WALL. FFS Andy Fitzpatrick failed on the Troll Wall. Twice.

What Jornet K does is MENTAL. But like others at the bleeding edge of human performance, he is demonstrating something extraordinary.
ski holidays
@valais2, I absolutely agree with you. Should have made the irony in my post a bit clearer.
snow conditions
I liked your irony very much. And you’ve been there ... I haven’t even dared to go there to look at it, it’s that intimidating ...
ski holidays
@valais2, Pah, it would only be a 5a on Harrisons Shocked
latest report
@prometheus, at Harrison’s you have the nasty lubricated non-holds of sandstone. But having read accounts of the Troll Wall there is:

- rotten rock
- ice including verglas
- weather
- rockfall
- crappy placements
- endless run outs
- a crux every pitch
- trolls

The trolls are simple. They are out to get you. I asked Erling Erlingsson about elves in Iceland: ‘...so do you believe in elves?...’. Erling ‘...it’s not that we believe in elves; it’s just that we don’t not believe in them...’.

The trolls are out to get you on the Troll Wall.....
ski holidays
@valais2, Ok, maybe a 6a then and the midges have eaten all the trolls at Harrisons. Smile
snow report
Mmm, human burgers.

snow report
@prometheus, ..sounds fair....

Andy K fulfilled his own description of British Alpine triumphs in his 2013 ascent of TW. He seems his usual self - more layers than my daughter’s bed, and with partners lacking vital experience. When I saw one of his lectures in Cambridge he was hilarious although offending every cultural sensitivity in the book. Including: ‘...at base camp you eye up the Americans highfiving and using the satellite links to broadcast their prowess to the NY Times. They won’t summit. Over on the left you have the Japanese, all high tech and massive down suits. They won’t summit. And over there, the British shambles, all weird equipment, lost kit, and exuding self-doubt. In all likelihood, they’ll summit....’.

http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web13w/newswire-suser-gjennom-harryland
ski holidays
@Riccardo, ...grief you’ve done it now...’you’re a very naughty boy...’ (indeed in THAT voice) has now entered the workshop when anyone is doing ANYTHING....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy