Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Update on first family ski holiday: La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks again to the Snow Heads community for the brilliant advice before our ski holiday. We had an amazing time and have booked another trip. A couple of people asked me to post an update / review of our resort so here goes.

Before booking, we had read mixed reviews of the Planibel apartments so we went with low expectations of the accommodation, but high expectations for the skiing. It turned out to be excellent on both fronts. We were lucky enough to be allocated a bigger room than we expected -- extra bedroom not important as kids shared the perfectly good and very comfortable sofa beds in the living room but the extra bathroom was appreciated and the spare bedroom kept all of our ski clothes. The larger apartment would have been an extra £250 for the week and l think if you have the money then it is worth it but if you're keeping costs down then the 1 bed apartment would be fine for 2 adults 2 kids.

The facilities were excellent. Collecting ski equipment took about 1.5 hours but apart from that everything was queue and hassle free. The bars and restaurants were excellent -- really nice food, decent prices and very friendly people working there. The locker room was in the basement of our apartment block and the nursery slopes and lifts were 30 secs away so each morning we were on our skis within minutes of leaving our room -- once I had the kids boots on and had carried their skis!

The only slight negative was that there was a UK school ski trip staying on our floor and they made a fair bit of noise -- but then we were all kids once and after speaking to reception things calmed down. But if you want absolute peace and quiet then this might not be the place for you.

Absolutely brilliant first family ski holiday and would highly recommend La Thuile for beginners / intermediates and people not looking for massive nights out.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad it went so well. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@daleh, glad you enjoyed it, did you book the apt direct or as a package, we stayed in Courmayuer this year, but drove to La Thuile for 3 days and really enjoyed it, just trying to work out if we should stay in La Thuile next year. Any experience of evening meals out?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi geoffknight. We booked through Crystal Ski and were really pleased with everything. Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. We were self catering and enjoyed having a few beers early evening and then eating in apartment most nights but did have eve meals in La Lisse and La Cage. I would highly recommend both for quality of food, service and price. Lunch on mountains good value too — we spent about 20-25 euros for four of us most days. We loved it and are going back next year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I must be going to the wrong resorts I normally pay €24 for 4 beers rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@daleh, Thanks that great to know, just need to compare accommodation prices now and take the plunge for next year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy