Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight parking Cervinia / Valtournenche

Ian.S
Ian.S
I'm looking at a possible overnight trip to Zermatt from Cervinia or Valtournenche. Anyone know if cars can be left overnight in either of the cablecar car parks, or somewhere within walking distance of either? Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be aware of the pass gotcha.

If you buy a 2 day pass on the Cervinia side you can not use it to START your day on the Zermatt side.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of unsupervised, outdoor parking at Cervinia:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/45.93486/7.63452
snow report
 Ian.S
Ian.S
Thanks all. Will check out the parking when we arrive - just wanted to make sure it was worth turning up before we set off. We'll be buying day passes on each side I think.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TQA wrote:
Be aware of the pass gotcha.

If you buy a 2 day pass on the Cervinia side you can not use it to START your day on the Zermatt side.

this is stated in the lift pass conditions. that said, i naively did this a few years ago. was staying in cervinia but did a couple nights in zermatt for the unplugged festival. no issues starting in zermatt on either day.
latest report
 Ian.S
Ian.S
Just to add: we left the car in the covered parking by the Gondola in Valtournenche without any problems. Well worth an overnight in Zermatt if you can afford it! We got 2 separate lift passes for the Italian and Swiss sides. There is 5% off the Zermatt pass if you book on-line and pick up at Tourist Information (or lift station). Thanks for all the info.

Oh, and watch out for winds. Our start was delayed a day by 75kph winds, even though every forecast was saying 5-10k. rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy