Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sorry .... insurance again ... but more ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right ... I HAVE done a search on SH but I can’t find the answer to this precise set of requirements.

I have checked BMC insurance and the cost has gone through the roof - a family member says this was due to some famous media people needing a rescue from obscure continents.

I have climbing and skiing multitrip Europe coming out at 395.00 gbp for annual policy.

We need insurance for:

Skiing on and off piste
Climbing up to 6000m
Downhill mountain biking

And this year it looks as if this is going to be VERY expensive - anybody got a policy or policy mix which can do this less punitively?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AAC
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with@altis,
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@welshskier, thanks am re-checking AAC having been with BMC for ages

Need cover for:

Falling off things and damaging ourselves on pointy bits - evac, hospital, repatriation

Do not need:

Cancellation cover
Loss of kit

Do need

DH MTB Insurance - which i assume won’t be in AAC and I will need to do separately.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@valais2, the Austrian Alpine club insurance seems to fit the bill see http://www.alpenverein.at/portal_wAssets/docs/service/versicherung/2018_AV-WWS-insurance-folder_english.pdf for full details. MTB is included but NOT cycling on public roads or similar. Do note that this insurance is mountain (or other places) rescue insurance, it is not a replacement for more general travel insurance eg if you got knocked over whilst crossing the road walking back from a restaurant. That said it is perfect top up insurance for areas that normal travel insurance will not cover and no nonsense about limitations for off piste skiing. It is designed for Alpenverein members whose normal medical insurance will cover them for "ordinary activities" whether in their home country or outside of it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2, Having gone around the houses on this trying to sort out insurance for a Canadian ski touring trip I eventually settled on a SnowCard annual policy backstopped with the AAC plus their additional single trip basic policy. That was really to cover off accidentally engaging in ski mountaineering.

I was surprised that several providers either don't cover or are ambiguous about search and rescue.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowcard?
Choose your level of activity, choose your limits for many types of insured loss.
If it isn't cheaper than it's a generalised price increase.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grizzled et al - very many thanks - very helpful. Grief I hadn't thought about being covered for road cycling - just thought 'we've got BMC insurance so that's that...'. Right, I will sit down and think through all the different things which we do, and then dig a bit more, using the advice here. Many thanks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy