Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Raving about Wet Slush!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in Le Grand Bornand which, like most places around, is being deluged with rain but I've discovered a whole new fun side to snowboarding. I'm normally out in Jan and Feb so pretty cold and have only experienced "sunshine slush" but "rainy slush" is so much better; it's almost like surfing.

For a start it seems to be "self levelling" so all those moguls and furrows get smoothed out enabling carving across the piste without being launched into the air, there is also a ton of grip with the edge leaving 3" trenches. Speed is controlled so you can put in continuous turns anywhere you want without bombing. I could put in any sort of turn; fading take-offs, big bottom turns, climb and drop across the face, roundhouse cutbacks and best of all: no-one else on the piste. I actually mostly avoided the rain and spent most of my time lapping the same runs either side of a draglift.

Anyone else enjoying the rain?

Freezing temperatures and snow tomorrow; BooHoo!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't like rain, but Whistler often has those conditions below the mid station, and you're right that snowboards are absolutely the best thing to rip wet slush on.

Rain itself is kind of slow and sticky and trashes the powder, I'll ride down through it if that's what there is, but if the freezing point is at the top then I'd have a down day. Been there, done that, don't need to do it again.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You should come over to Yad Moss; you'd love it Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its just shows you snow can been fun in all its forms.
I know I'm not supposed to do it, but as the snow melts in the afternoon in April, when I feel the urge, U just lean right back on the skis and lift the tips and steer with the heels.
I love it too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Love slush!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for slushboarding and theres loads at the moment Smile
Take offs are less scary as the speed is much less, but grippier.
Landings just nail every time.
Its great also when you get little puddles, and can surf over the top of them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you considered Scotland for future holidays? Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We just skied Dachstein West in light rain yesterday, on SL skis it was amazing, you could really get the edges in and make lots of very short turns while feeling the skis work. And the legs judging by the muscle feel today Toofy Grin
I didn't miss the fat skis at all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hate skiing in rain affected snow but those conditions made me a good skiier.... I spent 10 years learning and improving my skiing in Australia (Thredbo) and more than often if would rain instead of snow. Good quality clothing was a must and envied those in Goretex as I could not afford it at the time. Rain made the slopes very wet, mixed in with early versions of man made snow and mud resulted in a surface consistent to elephant’s snot. There were also stretches of blue ice where large puddles freeze over (not to be confused with euro hard packed which people mistake for ice). And brown death coookies on the sides. I do however love skiing on sun affected soft spring bumpy snow - especially when there are good accumulations.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy