Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Grand Tour Citreon Review

Poster: A snowHead
Fiat have always sold lots of cars...

The great thing about the automobile business is that you.cam shove an advert on TV showing beautiful people.getting.in one and driving off to the beach and people will buy it.
Why do you think the Germans dominate the luxury car market? Because, by the time you reach the age you can afford one, you've built up enough wisdom to realise it's better to buy something that won't fall to bits.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
king key wrote:
Reliable, only as no one wants to drive one? NehNeh

they've sold half a million

A fool and their money are soon parted. Razz

cameronphillips2000 wrote:

Why do you think the Germans dominate the luxury car market? Because, by the time you reach the age you can afford one, you've built up enough wisdom to realise it's better to buy something that won't fall to bits.....
After being a German car driver for the last 14 years (VW then BMW) I have to say the Volvo XC60 we've just got blows them into the weeds. The level of comfort, seat, quietness, electronics etc makes the BMW quite historic. I tried out a new BMW before settling on the Volvo so it isn't like comparing old cars with new.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SKia Optima wrote:
... the worst car [I've] ever driven... A Chevrolet Spark which I rented from Leeds Bradford airport. I think it had a 1.0 3cyl engine which is a very poor match for hill starts in the Bradford area. ...

I rented one (I'm a rental cheapskate) in Madeira a couple of years ago, and I have to agree with you, precisely for the reason you quote. I think the engine capacity was 995cc, and it was an automatic box.

In Maderia they have some narrow and seriously steep roads, and I did everything I could to avoid stopping on the uphill sections. In fact I had the same fear of stopping you need in snow. Anyway, eventually the inevitable happened, and a vehicle descending in the other direction on a steep section declined to stop for me, forcing me to stop on a steep section. I couldn't get enough traction to progress from there whatever I tried. I ended up reversing somewhat precariously down the road until it widened slightly, at which point I could get some momentum by driving across the road, and thereby get moving again. A true piece of s**t.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
king key wrote:
davidof wrote:
king key wrote:

After being a German car driver for the last 14 years (VW then BMW) I have to say the Volvo XC60 we've just got blows them into the weeds. The level of comfort, seat, quietness, electronics etc makes the BMW quite historic. I tried out a new BMW before settling on the Volvo so it isn't like comparing old cars with new.

If only the resale values held like the Germans . It just makes them so much more expensive in the long term.
My garage gave me a courtesy Volvo last year. I loved it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
king key wrote:
It's been a while since I've watched Top Gear, JC just winds me up.

It's ok he's not been on it for last couple of series
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris wrote:
king key wrote:
It's been a while since I've watched Top Gear, JC just winds me up.

It's ok he's not been on it for last couple of series
He still haunts me, I can't bring myself to watch it. Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brits are some of the worst in the world for car snobbery. I had a BMW 3 series once - hated it, took the cash alternative to the company car scheme and bought my uncle's sooped up original gen Fiat Tipo. I flogged that thing for many happy years for the cost of one year's allowance.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hired a car in Italy two weeks ago. I asked, at the desk, what I'd got. 'A Fiat Tipo' they replied. I am now recovering in therapy.

I hired one in Spain, it was base spec and the sat nav was in Spanish but it was inifinitely preferable to the Opel Astra I'd had 2 years prior.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Brits are some of the worst in the world for car snobbery.
That's the sort of thing people with rubbish cars say.

Razz wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
king key wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Brits are some of the worst in the world for car snobbery.
That's the sort of thing people with rubbish cars say.

Razz wink

When you grew up with nothing bit shite British Leyland cars rusting on the drive, when they wouldn't start in slightly chilly weather, who can blame us for being a bit snobby when we finally gets a car which works!

Anyway I have a Skoda, butt of car snob jokes for yonks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris wrote:

When you grew up with nothing bit shite British Leyland cars rusting on the drive, when they wouldn't start in slightly chilly weather, who can blame us for being a bit snobby when we finally gets a car which works!

Possible irony alert when you have a Disco famed for its reliability and cheap fixes the world over wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dave of the Marmottes, maybe, although D4 is generally regarded as having the bugs ironed out. So far has taken us on 9 skiing trips without issue as well as lugging caravan through France and Italy many times.

But is not cheap to run or service granted
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Worst car ever was a Montego I bought at an auction.

I was outbid on all the cars I wanted and one last car came up. I desperately needed something so just put my hand up!

Absolute piece of junk!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tonyswift, think my sister owned that one too, either before or after you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ski3, unlikely to have been after me - I beat it up Basil Fawlty style before it went to the scrap yard!! Smile
snow report
king key wrote:
davidof wrote:
king key wrote:

My GF had an XC60 from Europcar GVA, last weekend. She said it was like driving a canal boat, compared to her X5.
snow report
Mine is a 407hp model, more a speedboat than a barge. NehNeh
snow report
davidof wrote:
king key wrote:

Only because FCA practically gives them away. What they can't unload by selling or leasing they push to rental car companies. Every Fiat save the 500 is a piece of junk. No, scratch that. The 500 is a good-looking piece of junk.

Citroen's recent two models (C3/C5 Aircrosses) are pretty good. Even the Cactus is comfortable, though kinda small. The C3 hatchback is an aging platform with a recent redesign. Overall PSA products are getting much better, including the Opel/Vauxhalls they've developed in recent years.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
king key wrote:

and all get driven round the Turin ring road a 120mph, especially at rush hour.
snow report
tonyswift wrote:
Worst car ever was a Montego I bought at an auction.

About 15 years ago I bought a Montego GTi to drive in The Plymouth Dakar Rally. Cost me one hundred quid.

Three weeks and 4000 miles later we arrived in The Gambia. Never missed a beat including many fantastic miles in The Sahara!
latest report
@LDP816, The BX was an ugly ulitarian box but it was a joy to drive hard and both of mine did horendous mileages and NEVER missed a beat, even when grossely overloaded. I'd buy another if I could find a low mileage diesel estate . . . they are the cockroach of cars and you can't 'alf hustle t'boogers round corners (gets a bit smelly as brakes are built fer grandad's driving style). And if I could have the driving seat of a BX now I'd be far more mobile at the end of a 700 mile day than I am now Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy