Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Grand Tour Citreon Review

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else catch Jeremy Clarkson driving like a hooligan through Bourg St Maurice and up some of La Rosiere's finest pistes in a front wheel drive Citreon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, worst episode in a long while. Filmed last summer, a friend in Bourg said he was friendly and happy to pose for selfies.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not a great episode, but still better than most things on telly. On the whole, I am enjoying this series.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And on a related note, Top Gear were in Sierra Nevada a couple of episodes back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s not top gear, but I still enjoy watching. Having sold a lot of French cars..... I can confirm they are all utter shite.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@LDP816, Noooooo, I won't have that. The Traction Avant and the DS were good cars. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Anyone else catch Jeremy Clarkson driving like a hooligan through Bourg St Maurice and up some of La Rosiere's finest pistes in a front wheel drive Citreon.

a what?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thecramps wrote:
@LDP816, Noooooo, I won't have that. The Traction Avant and the DS were good cars. Madeye-Smiley

Definitely agree about the Citroen DS, voted world's coolest car of all time by AutoExpress. Incredibly technologically advanced for its time. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Alastair Pink, A lovely looking car with an extremely comfortable ride (in a straight line). Not much nowadays comes close to it in either respect; which is a pity given the state of Surrey roads.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:

a what?

It's a kind of lemon Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure why the car chase didn't use some of the mountain roads. It.looked like Bourg let them trash the streets and make a Bond film style chase, presumably to get exposure to the watching millions.
It did make me want to ski the resort seeing it. I guess most Brits stick to the other,.much bigger and more famous resorts in the area.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a C3 this week for a trip to Praz de Lys and it was probably the second worst car I’ve ever driven. Barely capable of hauling itself up a (dry) mountain road. Sat nav also repeatedly tried to send me the wrong way around PDL one way loop.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cameronphillips2000, La Ros is popular with Brits I think. Pampered softies complain about the button over to La Thuile, but it's no big problem (I would ban heated chair lifts), there is some really nice skiing there, we enjoyed it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's been a while since I've watched Top Gear, JC just winds me up.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thecramps wrote:

I’ll amend my previous comment..... all modern (2000’s onwards) French cars are utter shite. The DS is still beautiful today, and the 205gti was a weapon in its day!!!
ski holidays
SKia Optima wrote:
I had a C3 this week for a trip to Praz de Lys and it was probably the second worst car I’ve ever driven. Barely capable of hauling itself up a (dry) mountain road. Sat nav also repeatedly tried to send me the wrong way around PDL one way loop.

This begs the question, what’s the worst car you’ve ever driven?
ski holidays
I had a Citroen Xantia, I was very happy with it, great suspension, steering etc Very Happy, the missus eventually made me change it for a Golf after complaining parking was difficult in town and wanted a shorter vehicle......

.... we have just bought a Volvo XC60. Seems she may have forgotten the reasoning for purchasing the Golf. Laughing
latest report
LDP816 wrote:
I hired a Fiat Uno in Portugal, it was so appallingly gutless, God knows what was under the bonnet, a moped engine I'd imagine.
snow report
moosepig wrote:
davidof wrote:

a what?

It's a kind of lemon Toofy Grin

A Citron ?
snow conditions
@LDP816, I forgot about the 205gti. So that's 3 good cars at least, and though they looked kak, the 504 diesels never ever broke down.

Why do some modern Citroens have a bathmat glued on the door?
latest report
Worst car I have ever driven was a DAF variomatic. It was totally Shite, with slipping drive belts but I bought it for £15 with 3 weeks tax and 2 weeks ticket, fixed it for free, ran it for a month, mot'd it, gave it 6 months tax and flogged it on for an unbelievable £320 to a tutor at uni. Massive profits. They made good trucks, so how the hell the variomatic happened, I have no idea.
snow report
thecramps wrote:

I quite like the styling of the Cactus, Embarassed at least it's different from the many jelly mould cars out there.

snow conditions
In the early 1960s my Dad had a Citroen DS, fantastic car. He was a member of a local car club and wrote in the club's magazine under the name "Citroen Pressé"..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
king key wrote:
thecramps wrote:

I quite like the styling of the Cactus, Embarassed at least it's different from the many jelly mould cars out there.

But have you seen it???? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Seen a few around here, prefer it to the Fiat 500s etc.
snow report
I had a Citroen Visa 1.0. brakes didn't work. No power, went rusty, odd controls and looked awful
I loved that car.
ski holidays
@thecramps, the DAF 33 was an extraordinarily bad car. The CVT gearbox was well ahead of its time (did yours have the 'hill descent' switch?) but the bodywork disintegrated in weeks.

Volvo used the same technology in the 340 when they bought DAF (although they reduced the number of rubber bands from 2 to 1) and the CVT gearbox lives on today.
latest report
king key wrote:
I had a Citroen Xantia, I was very happy with it, great suspension, steering etc Very Happy, the missus eventually made me change it for a Golf after complaining parking was difficult in town and wanted a shorter vehicle......

.... we have just bought a Volvo XC60. Seems she may have forgotten the reasoning for purchasing the Golf. Laughing

How do you like the xc60? I’m thinking about changing my XF for an xc90 but my partner wants the xc60?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LDP816 wrote:
SKia Optima wrote:

A Chevrolet Spark which I rented from Leeds Bradford airport. I think it had a 1.0 3cyl engine which is a very poor match for hill starts in the Bradford area. It also had the cheapest, nastiest interior I have ever seen.
snow report
king key wrote:
LDP816 wrote:
I hired a Fiat Uno in Portugal, it was so appallingly gutless, God knows what was under the bonnet, a moped engine I'd imagine.

Some of those when they were new, had 45hp Shocked
snow report
My ex father in law was parts manager for Peugeot which meant I got cheap. French car parts. So I had a long line of French cars and knowing him was really.useful as I needed lots of parts.

Laguna 2.2 d-. Utter crap
406 still. Absolute crap
407 dtci. Total.crap - blown turbo
Megane scenic RX4 4x4. Utterly brilliant - blown turbo, broken prop shaft, but loved it

The 1982? Citroen Visa remains probably the only car I've ever truly loved though. Had it when I was a student.

In later life I moved to German efficiency and my current 5 series has been taken away on a recall and is still awaiting parts. For the past 5 weeks I've had a Nissan Quashqia hir car which is the most souless thing that I have ever encountered....
latest report
I had a Lada Riva once that was actually not too bad. The brakes were I think an optional extra that the first owner thought were an uneccessary extravagance, but in most other ways, it was ok for £60. Better than a Spanish spec Panda or Uno anyway Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 10-03-19 11:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I hired a car in Italy two weeks ago. I asked, at the desk, what I'd got. 'A Fiat Tipo' they replied. I am now recovering in therapy.
snow conditions
@cameronphillips2000, the story goes that Fiat, when producing the Tipo, had a problem pointed out to them when they got to the turbo diesel model. As they rolled off the production line it was pointed out that the Tipo TurD wouldn't sell well in the UK even if the description was accurate.
snow report
I hired a car in Italy two weeks ago. I asked, at the desk, what I'd got. 'A Fiat Tipo' they replied. I am now recovering in therapy.

why?
snow conditions
davidof wrote:

why?

Ever seen or.driven one?
ski holidays
davidof wrote:

why?

Ever seen or.driven one?

Look like a typical mid sized car. Apparently the most reliable car in their class.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
davidof wrote:

why?

Ever seen or.driven one?

Look like a typical mid sized car. Apparently the most reliable car in their class.
Reliable, only as no one wants to drive one? NehNeh
snow report
davidof wrote:
davidof wrote:

why?

Ever seen or.driven one?

Only if the class is " shite pseudo Italian cars named Tipo".
snow conditions
king key wrote:
Reliable, only as no one wants to drive one? NehNeh

they've sold half a million
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy