Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wanted new bindings for old skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi not a hardware expert. I'm wondering if I could get a new set of bindings fixed to my old pair of skis (which already have a set of bindings on it). At the time of the installation the guy in the ski shop told me that the drill points on my current binding are not in the standard position.

Current binding: moonlight TTS
new (wanted rather) binding: NTN freedom (although open to suggestion)

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a problem to plug the old holes and mount new bindings providing there's no conflict with the mounting holes. It doesn't help that the Freedom has a lot more mounting locations than regular bindings.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks @spyderjon would the multiple locations of freedom (or other bindings) cause an issue then?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need reasonable separation between the mounting locations otherwise you'll get a weak mount. The industry standard is 10mm centre to centre although I adjust that by a couple of mm each way depending on the construction of the ski. Tele bindings have more load on the toe screws than alpine bindings as the users are trying the lever the toe binding out of the ski on every turn but there's no load on the heel support screws at all so hole conflict there is a lot less of an issue.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@euanovsky, You should be fine... the screws for the Freedom will go behind those for the TTS. You should also look at the Meidjo (M Equipment) and Lynx (22 Designs) if looking for an touring NTN binding.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks spyderjohn and ski!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:
@euanovsky, You should be fine... the screws for the Freedom will go behind those for the TTS......

There's absolutely no way you can say that as you don't know where the TTS bindings were mounted on the ski as "the guy in the ski shop told me that the drill points on my current binding are not in the standard position."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spyderjon, Fair point.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@euanovsky, Hi: are you planning to sell the TTS bindings?- I've always fancied experimenting with some if you are.

I'm currently skiing on OutlawX which I'm pleased with. However if JasT has such success on TheM bindings they should be well worth a look!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@geoffers, happy to sell the TTS bindings but the point is I haven't got a new set of bindings yet so I probably won't unmount them this season (already packed away my pair of skis this year last week). I'll probably get it sorted later this year depending on when I get a good discount. If you're still interested then I can drop you a message.

In my opinion the moonlight tele rando is not the most responsive tele binding and there are some design flaws. I find it really difficult to put my boots on compare to normal AT binding. It's light though I give you that.

I'll probably give up on TTS (and also touring altogether) and go for NTN freedom.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@euanovsky, Thanks - I'm just interested in playing around with TTS at some stage, so certainly interested when you do decide. I'll pm you my contact details...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy