Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marmot Basin Canada what to expect at the begining of April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got experience of Marmot Basin near Jasper as I'm out there for a week at the begining of April and it would be nice to know where to head etc.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Long way for a Brit to go for such a tiny resort.

Conditions will be typical spring skiing. Swinging from cold to warm.

Open until May.

Good for beginners and middlers. Not good for experts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only been in mid winter and a few years ago. It's a long way from nowhere and was brutally cold. I only went as I got a bargain deal with no single supplement. The 200+ mile , 5 hour transfer from Calgary goes through the national park and spectacular ice fields. It is a small ski area, even the double diamond black runs are relatively easy. I met some interesting characters giving their life story whilst riding the chair lifts, one a free-heeling French Canadian character, a ranger in the wilderness. We the had an interesting run down the "Rock Garden" in patchy snow and low cliff drops, he finished his tale when we warmed ourselves by the fire pit. The runs get a bit repetitive but are transformed if you have fresh snow and then it is fun.
If you stay in town you need to use the shuttle to the ski hill and it has a insular small town feel in winter but you do have more options for eating and drinking. The D'ed Dog Pub had a bit of redneck local life and some live music and rustic fayre. Tonquin Inn and its Greek owner treated me well and served a great prime rib. Look out for the wildlife, Elk, Moose, deer etc wandering down the street and foraging for grain spilt from the trans-Canadian railway trucks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lechbob, thanks my trip is also going to be very cheap and as an introduction to Canadian skiing and wilderness it sounds great. Hopefully going in April will mean it is warmer than you found it.
I am staying in the town do I am looking forward to seeing the wildlife wondering the streets.
The runs sound ideal for what is needed. Apart from the rock garden are there any you would recommend?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pieman666, Ski everything in bounds. If you get some fresh snow, play in the trees. I don't know what it will be like in April, maybe epic, maybe freeze/thaw so take care , its a crap shoot maybe the bears may come out of hibernation Shocked Probably too warm to walk on the frozen river to do the Ice Walk through Maligne Canyon . Have a great time, it certainly will be a new experience.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I will do thanks @Lechbob.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure what Marmot is like in APril. This April I would think maybe quite good. It has been snowy and cold here.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy