Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad Gastein this Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I have the option of a family trip this Easter (depart 6th April) to Bad Gastein. I've skied the area a few times but never so late in the season. Looking for some wisdom and experience from fellow SHs with local knowledge on likely conditions this year given the amount of snow they've had! Pretty sure Graukogel lift closes end of March, does that mean significantly reduced skiable area? Also seen some posts referring to free lift passes in Ski Amade for under 16s (ours are 11 and 12) which I think would apply?

Any advice much appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Free ski pass definitely applies. Forecast is for temperatures dropping next week and snow coming in.

Beyond that I can’t add anything
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@largeyorkshireman, I don't know the Gastein valley that well, but I have skied there a few times, including this week. When we had our record snowfall in January, it was somewhat less over there, so the snow depths are a bit less than here in Salzburger Sportwelt. Having said that the pistes are still in excellent condition, just a bit slushy towards the bottom on the warmer days. Forecasts are saying lower temperatures next week and some more snow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all. Sadly it looks as though the Bellevue Alm ends it's winter season March 31st so we wouldn't be able to do dinner and a toboggan ride back down Sad Will need to have a think as a few threads seem to suggest decent conditions at Easter despite the low resort height!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last Easter was fantastic in Bad Hofgastein, the one before was pretty poor. Free list passes for kids when an adult buys one. I get 2 free for the kids when buying mine.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy