Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which GS Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm looking for a new GS ski. Now I ski on my old FIS Fischer RC4 GS, 183cm Radius 23

I want a GS ski which is a little shorter and with the same radius.

One shop advised me, Fischer GS 175cm, but this is a junior ski and I think it's to light for me.
Than they sad: If you want a GS with a shorter Radius for adults, the only possibility is the Rossignol Masters ski.
I don't think that is true.

I found 3 ski's, does anyone know if they are suitable for masters?

VÖLKL Racetiger GS
178cm:
• Radius: 23m
https://www.sport-conrad.com/produkte/voelkl/recetiger-gs-race-x-cell-16.html

Atomic REDSTER G9 RS
176cm
https://shop-skiclinic.fr/produit/redster-g9-rs-x-12-var-red-black-atomic-copie/

Head WC REBEL IGS RD PRO
176cm
https://shop-skiclinic.fr/produit/wc-rebel-igs-rd-pro-sw-race-plate-ff-evo16-head-copie/

If you have other suggestions I also like to hear
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I admit I don't have experience with "masters" skis, as all my skis, except pow skis, are real WC stock FIS skis, but if "masters" skis have anything taken from real ski, then definitely go with Rossi. I didn't ski current Atomic, but Head or Fischer are nowhere near compared to how Rossi GS ski. Rossi don't feel like going as on train rails like Fischer do (on one side it's cool, but getting them to off the edge and to next turn is way harder then with Rossi), but they are way more active, vivid and "jumpy". On end of turn, they literally catapult you to next turn, it's much easier to initiate turn then with Fischer, and even at high speed (80+km/h) they are stable enough. For Head and their "quality of skis", I would stay away from these stuff, unless you get paid lost of money by them Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Antonia86,

I think the shop is being a little purist and talking about real GS race stock vs "GS" branded high performance piste skis.
As I understand it the Rossi Masters are essentially race stock skis with a smaller non FIS standard radius. The other skis you mention don't have the same construction and source as real race skis but they may still be perfect for your needs.

The other option to consider is Stockli who make (nearly?) all there skis in the same way as their race stock which is one reason that they are so expensive.

I'm also in the market for a sporty piste ski with 18 or 20m radius but will likely try to pick up something second hand given I'll normally be off piste on something fatter.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Antonia86, Fischer do a 183cm 23m masters ski but that doesn't meet your requirement for something a bit shorter.

There are some masters racers using junior skis. The change to the start age for FIS races from 15 to 16 meant that there was a market for fairly stiff junior skis.

The Rossignol race catalogue used to have a table of the weight ranges that each ski was designed for, maybe worth getting a copy of the current one and seeing if other brands have the same.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your answers, I called an other shop, and I chose for Fischer RC4 Worldcup GS U16, 180cm with radius 24.

I am very curious how they ski.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Antonia86, I have a 182cm 27m radius Elan GS... it's pretty damned sweet to ski on Smile A small increase in radius is fairly easy to get used to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy