Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort ideas romantic skiing weekend :)

Poster: A snowHead
I tore BOTH groins muscles in my best wipeout ever, on Santons, last time I was in Val D'I.

I can tell you that was very much NOT romantic.... and wiped out 3 of 6 days skiing too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mad for chelsea, Turin might be easier than Chambery (which I suspect is more or less charters only maybe BA fly there) but requires hiring a car. Can't imagine Grenoble working for a weekend either.

We're had the weekend+short transfer optimal discussion more than once and more or less it falls to Geneva, Turin/Milan(s) or Munich (maybe?) and possibly Zurich. Just because of flight timings and availability, especially from "regional" airports.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, yeah just checked. Chambery is pretty much only possible Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun, and even then from London. Grenoble is just about doable from London for a long week-end trip Friday to Monday, though the only Monday flight is at 11:15 (to Gatwick), so not exactly ideal (all flights on Sunday too early to be any use).

OK, forget Val Cenis given OP's criteria...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As others previous in the thread, thought Zermatt would be good.

In addition, from Geneva, Champéry for PdS.

Also Samöens for mix of slopes in GM and village atmosphere. Some good restaurants too.

From Turin, both Cervinia and Sauze d'oulx have piste to match requirements plus, I feel both villages are good to walk around evening wise. Both good food too.

Being more established destinations, they generally offer options for transfer at non whole week timings.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ski3, Samöens doesn’t hit any of my romantic buttons and it’s buses or cars to skiing...

I find Cervinia skiing terribly dull, but that’s me (unless off piste with helicopters Twisted Evil ).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guess you would feel like a gooseberry if you went with the OP and husband @under a new name, so understandable Laughing

As soon as the travel from convenient airport combined with time constraints comes in, it starts to close down options.

Don't you think that eating out in both those two offers some really good options though? There's some good places on and off the snow in both I feel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another one worth a look -Les Diablerets. Traditional Swiss village looking up to a glacier - not too difficult ski-ing and linked to Villars. You can take a train to Aigle (1 an half hours) and a little train up to the village. Really pretty and really easy to get to.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should have said you fly to Geneva and get the train direct from airport or alternatively hire a car.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about a spa base in the valley, like the Bains de Saillon in CH near Verbier, then ski Verbier, Veysonnaz or Crans. Advantage is if the weather is terrible you still have the spa thing or a cultural outing to the Fondation Giannada in Martigny, if that’s you’re thing. Fly Geneva then about 90 mins on the autoroute.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm sort of with clarky999, but just go straight to Obergurgl.
Obergurgl is small, quiet, snow-sure and Chocolate Box Gorgeous.
From Innsbruck the transfer is 90 minutes.
For romance it has to be the Hotel Bergwelt
Enjoy Smile]
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonpim, oh, yes. The Bergwelt is excellent!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You need snow in the village for romance.

Nothing worse then black or brown streets and trails.

Head as high as poss. Late in the season.

1. Saas Fee.
2. Murren.
3. Zermatt.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
T Bar wrote:
I think everyone's ideas of romance are a bit different which was why I was keen to point out that Val may be a very appropriate place if ones idea of romance was being vomited on by drunken Brit.

If you go during Parisian holidays and Swedish student week and stay in apartment next to Dicks, I would agree. For all other weeks, you have the Blizzard hotel, lunch at Peau de Vache, dinner at L’Atelier d’Edmond etc.

If you want to go in peak weeks, stay in Fornet. It’s one of the prettiest and most exclusive villages in the Alps.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bar shaker wrote:
T Bar wrote:
I think everyone's ideas of romance are a bit different which was why I was keen to point out that Val may be a very appropriate place if ones idea of romance was being vomited on by drunken Brit.

If you go during Parisian holidays and Swedish student week and stay in apartment next to Dicks, I would agree. For all other weeks, you have the Blizzard hotel, lunch at Peau de Vache, dinner at L’Atelier d’Edmond etc.

If you want to go in peak weeks, stay in Fornet. It’s one of the prettiest and most exclusive villages in the Alps.

Mmm maybe, we all have different ideas of romance, but very exclusive and expensive isn't necessarily it for me.
I don't dislike Val D'I and ski there a fair bit, but I can remember Let Fornet before it became exclusive, it's pleasant enough , but one of the prettiest villages in the Alps? Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Forgot to mention this gem , in St Luc Valais

https://www.bellatola.ch/en/historic-hotel
snow report
@Rob Mackley, that one is a great call. Maybe a little outside of the OP's 90 minute transfer requirement, but not by much. Stayed there last year. Beautiful atmospheric place with lovely hosts.
snow report
Why is no one suggested Megeve, 60 minutes transfer, medieval pedistrian centre, horse drawn sligh carragies, more michilen star restaurant then you need & easy access to gentle slopes
ski holidays
We ditching the kids over Easter to spend a couple of days together staying up at 2200m and boarding around the Altesch Glacier area. ( Never been there, but it looks stunning, and a bit off the beaten track).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy