Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Google lens that will adapt to conditions ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive got a Giro helmet, which im looking to buy some new googles for.

Are there any googles on the market with a lens that will adapt to the conditions, eg. be suitable for full sun, over cast, and snowy conditions ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, they are known as photochromatic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks i was just doing some Googling and came across these made by a few brands.

Do you know if Giro make any (i couldnt see any)

Are photochromatic as good as they sound ? Or do they have some downsides ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont think Giro do goggles unless integrated as a visor.

The downside with photochromatic is that one lens may not cover the whole spectrum of light conditions that you would encounter and could cover with goggles with an interchangeable lenses. But they are far more convenient.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bolle Phantom - 4 different lens colours to choose from, all photochromic, one also polarized. I like the fire red.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have photochromic goggles by Julbo. I find they don’t go as dark or as light as standard interchangeable bright light / low light lenses but are a convenient compromise for variable light days. If it’s a bluebird day, they’re not as dark as my standard lens goggles, but I often wear shades on those days anyhow. If it’s a white out day, I use my standard low light lenses which are slightly better in those conditions.

They do avoid ‘having the wrong lenses’ which I used to be prone to.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
I dont think Giro do goggles unless integrated as a visor.

The downside with photochromatic is that one lens may not cover the whole spectrum of light conditions that you would encounter and could cover with goggles with an interchangeable lenses. But they are far more convenient.

Giro actually have one of the largest goggle ranges in the industry! Excellent lenses too with tech from Zeiss. However I don't think they have any photochromatic lenses (which I'm not a fan of either - ok for an every day lens, but never seem to be as effective as a proper low light lens in heavy snow/fog/etc).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats me told then. I just can't recall coming across them when browsing shop shelved. I'll be googling goggles first next time before I post.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is that what you call a bum ster?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oakley will have the Prizm React available next season if you don’t mind waiting. Will change from 30% VLT to 10% VLT.

https://whitelines.com/snowboard-gear/news-previews/oakley-prizm-react-preview.html

I personally have a pair of Anon M3 which have magnets holding the lenses in place and only takes a few seconds to swap out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have Oakleys in Hi Yellow and a dark lens for really bright days, but last year I bought a pair of Bolle photochromatic goggles and I find that they are about 90% as good as using the other two in extremes, but way better for hitting the forest shaded runs on a bright day. I hardly ever use the Oakleys now.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
altis wrote:
Is that what you call a bum ster?

Indeed. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Uvex do a Variomatic lense, that I've found to be good in all light conditions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My all weather lens suggestions:

Bolle Modulator Light Control (Photochromic)

Oakley Prizm Rose
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy