Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways & Ski Bags.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Your only problem might be weight if you are used to taking separate bags for skis and boots. Just make sure the ski bag is not over the max weight per bag. BA aren't as fussy about overall weight as some carriers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brianatab wrote:
Your only problem might be weight if you are used to taking separate bags for skis and boots. Just make sure the ski bag is not over the max weight per bag. BA aren't as fussy about overall weight as some carriers.

With BA that is 23kg! I have got 4 pairs of skis and poles in bag just under that (Ok 2 have been kids skis but still)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickyJ, not necessarily, I've flown BA with a 32kg bag before, I just had to pay for the extra weight when I booked.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@NickyJ, not necessarily, I've flown BA with a 32kg bag before, I just had to pay for the extra weight when I booked.

I was referring to their standard weight on the bag and expressing i didn’t expect any issues getting boots, skis and poles under that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, I'm just clarifying as it wasn't clear from your post that you can take more weight.

Getting under 23kg also depends what bag and ski/bindings you have. With my bag, if I take my 'all mountain' type skis, slalom skis and a set of poles I'm pretty much nudging 23 kilos before thinking about including boots. If I'd done more research when buying my bag it wouldn't be such an issue, the DaKine bag I have weighs about 6kg empty
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, ah good point. It was the reason I went for a non-wheeled bag to keep the weight of it down.

Also worth looking at Business class prices if more is needed, as sometimes it doesn’t cost that much more and I seem to recall that gives you 2x 32kg bagage allowance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, business class gives you 2x32kg, lounge access and priority boarding. Also a snack and drinks on the plane.

Get a BE exec card or even a credit card or use a Nectar card to collect AVIOS.

Use the AVIOS for cheap flights or to reduce the full Biz fare down a bit (you still get business points this way).

So if BIZ is £100 more (often less) you get your dinner in the lounge (saving £20 in an airport). Couple of drinks on the plane (saving £15), free extra bag+weight (call that £40)

So for the extra £25 you get speedy boarding and a nice place to hang out.

After a year of playing that game you will be BA silver and have most of the benefits then you only need an economy fare but get business benefits.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GlasgowCyclops, just looking forward to when we aren’t tied to school holidays!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As @GlasgowCyclops says fly business so you do not have to worry about ski baggage, indeed worry about taking too much.

I 'churn' Amex cards and put the vast majority of my spending to Amex which is great if you pay off in full every month. Cycling through Business Gold Card, Sainsburys Nectar Card, Nectar Avios Card, British Airways Premium Card (2 for 1 vouchers), Amex Gold Card and referring back and forward between wife and myself. Usually get a few Business flights in Europe every year and a Business Flight to USA for the taxes.

Currently if you get just an Amex Gold card you will get enough Amex points to convert to avios for a business class flight to Geneva ex London. Think it is about a £3K spend in 3 months.

If you are self employed a no brainer would be get a Business card if you can spend £5k in 3 months.

See the Head for Points website

If you want a referral to get even more points message me!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy