Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you rate and/ or slate?

Poster: A snowHead
Rate , the Dolomites, Oakley fall lines with prism torch lenses. Skiing in Scotland

Slate , anon m2 goggles, lift queues, "layering up" , skiing in Scotland.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I rate my Sports Direct Karrimor running compression socks. The perfect ski sock. Less acrylicy feel than mosr compression socks ( even if they get a bit stinkier than wool)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awdbugga wrote:
Snowhead "experts" who get far too personal and vitriolic when giving advice. (Brace yourself @awdbugga, incoming Confused )

Still upset at being told to get some more skiing under your belt before you geek out on multiple pairs of skis Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, don't take it personally, Dave. He clearly wasn't referring to you, because he said experts
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, don't take it personally, Dave. He clearly wasn't referring to you, because he said experts

True enuff
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rate: Zipfit liners, Dissent (Non-merino) socks and their balaclava. Smith photochromic lenses. Salopettes with braces (and gloves with 'hand cuffs' and a rubber wiper strip on the thumb). Tartiflette with a small beer apperitif and a carafe of good red to follow on the balcony at Le Trifollet.

Slate: Surefoot - the original 'pump and dump' custom boot scam
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
coops1967 wrote:

Slate: Surefoot - the original 'pump and dump' custom boot scam

I went into a Surefoot store once because I thought they might be able to help with re riveting a buckle on my boot. Their respinse was to try to sell me on the whole new custom boot shebang. Shysters.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rate.. Another Decathlon fan especially their thinner ski socks, very comfy.

Slate..snowboarders on the same chairlift as me...they put the fear of god in me and I begin to panic which just makes it worse Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rate - Hestra Mittens - Toasty

Slate - People who cause chairlift wait times to get worse as they want to sit with friends
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rate. Manners.... Its nice when people say thanks when you let them go first etc and vice versa

Slate. Middle class middle age men on 'lads' ski trips that get on the plane last but desperately need to move my bag because they need to have their luggage near them. I wouldn't understand how much more important their stuff is than mine. Often wearing a bmw/mercedes/Aston Martin fleece (I don't car what car you have pal, but what I will care about is if you touch my belongings again)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rate: This thread! I've enjoyed reading it so far. Also rate: my Hestra heli-ski gloves (best skiing purchase ever). My Ski Trax boot protectors, I can walk comfortably (and even jog comfortably) down the street or on slippery floors in them and they're relatively small to carry. My uClear headset intercoms which let me and my kid chat away while we're skiing together.

Slate: Partially-filled chair lifts when there is a long queue.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rate: heated 8er chairs which are now the norm in Austria
Slate: replacement of chairs with gondolas so you have to keep taking skis off an putting them back on all day
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy wrote:
Slate: replacement of chairs with gondolas so you have to keep taking skis off an putting them back on all day

S'funny, someone pointed out to me the other day that it's really a mark of how your skiing improves. When you start you don't really like chairlifts and want to get to a gondola to take your skis off and rest, but after a stage your skiing improves and (unless the weather is crap) you'd rather hit a chairlift than have to faff about taking skis off.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
andy wrote:

S'funny, someone pointed out to me the other day that it's really a mark of how your skiing improves. When you start you don't really like chairlifts and want to get to a gondola to take your skis off and rest, but after a stage your skiing improves and (unless the weather is crap) you'd rather hit a chairlift than have to faff about taking skis off.

Depends on the weather for me, good weather chairs all day long, bad weather gondolas.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rate: Raclette
Slate: Polenta

Rate: Calimero (Bombardino with coffee)
Slate: Aperol Spritz

Rate: Shades
Slate: Goggles

Rate: Pockets
Slate: back packs
snow report
Rate: Norrona Lofoten ski pants, the toughess best designed I’ve ever used, and still look like new of 6 years of multiple weeks use. Oakley Prizm lenses, they just work as advertised. G3 Via ski poles, a ski pole designed by someone who actually goes skiing/touring, rather than a marketing team. Falke SK Energising compression ski socks, perfection. Giro Range helmet, the clam-shell design makes the fit systems of other helmets obsolete.

Slate: Compression ski socks that don’t stay up, so aren’t in any way compression ski socks (I’m looking at you X-Bionic). Any approach to a lift loading area that is up hill, it’s just poor design/maintenance. I was going to list “People without spacial awareness” but that’s not specific to skiing.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 8-03-19 12:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

+1
latest report
Rate = Haus Susanne, Radstadt, Ski Amade, Austria and all snowHead that visit.
Hate = Height-est comments along the lines of 'too low for snow'.

Happy skiing Ange Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

@dode, Nah!
snow report
Rate: People who's post count is less than the number of days skiing on snow.
snow conditions
Slate: Never getting a go on the Guess a Ski Area thread.....
latest report
@flangesax,
Quote:

Height-est comments along the lines of 'too low for snow'.
the only time I ever see this comment nowadays is, repeatedly, from Austrophiles who seem to find it amusing. Slateworthy.
latest report
 fizzer
fizzer
WindOfChange wrote:
Rate: People who's post count is less than the number of days skiing on snow.

Howdy Very Happy

Rate: skiing with my 8 year old daughter

Slate: Comments like this

"Still upset at being told to get some more skiing under your belt before you geek out on multiple pairs of skis" 

Awful but unfortunately see a lot of this on here
snow conditions
@fizzer, never seen that...you want skis buy em
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, I think he’s referring to this thread: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139149

Rate: merino wool, I think I’m gradually converting my entire wardrobe Toofy Grin , Jade prizm goggles, Scott Superguides have been up and down all sorts this season, Mountain Equipment down jacket is too warm for skiing but great for keeping me warm in Finland, living in Innsbruck and only ever being 15 minutes from a lift Toofy Grin

Slate: Föhn shuts all the lifts and blows everything over on my balcony (including my trees Shocked ), people moaning about snow (too much, not enough, too hard, too slushy...), my ABS airbag is way too heavy and bulky, people who let you down when you’re trying to get out on the hill, faffers wink
ski holidays
dode wrote:
Rate: Raclette
Slate: Polenta

Slate: Aperol Spritz

Rate: Pockets
Slate: back packs

I agree with all of the above ,
Rate covered heated chair lifts
Slate T Bars. slow four man lifts, or worse two man lifts.
ski holidays
Slate: my bank balance. There are so many things in this thread that I covet now!
snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
[quote="Scarlet"]@holidayloverxx, I think he’s referring to this thread: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139149

No I was referring to the arsey comment I quoted but after reading the comments on the link you posted it is truly appalling, everything that is wrong with internet forums in one fell swoop. Elitist holier than thou one upmanship of the highest order.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rate- the smaller Austrian resorts -so much more courtesy on the slopes.
Slate - St Anton, the only place I'd have chucked my skis back into rental if I'd have been on a package - fortunately, we just upsticks and moved to somewhere better.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 9-03-19 1:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@fizzer, pot, kettle. Get over yourself.
ski holidays
fizzer wrote:

No I was referring to the arsey comment I quoted but after reading the comments on the link you posted it is truly appalling, everything that is wrong with internet forums in one fell swoop. Elitist holier than thou one upmanship of the highest order.

That or genuine advice born of experience freely given. Just because it usn't a love fest doesn't mean its not genuinely meant to help.

Arsey comment was just a callback based on the previous arsey comment from Awdbugga. He can take it
snow report
Rate- Hestra Mittens, DIY trips, Snowheads, this thread.
Slate- skiers with Bluetooth speaker or headphones, smokers upwind outside restaurants, coming back onpiste without looking, boarders sitting having a nice little rest on piste just over a brow, WTF?
snow report
Geoff, I understand and agree about skiers with loudspeakers - everyone else doesn't need to hear it, but what's wrong with head phones?
snow report
Rate: Ski Independence (fantastic travel agent), Decathlon, skiing in Canada
Slate; Gloves that don’t keep your hands warm, trying to decide between Banff & Whistler for 2020!
snow conditions
Rate: St Anton, Zipfit, arc’teryx, Norrona, Stöckli SR95, Kästle FX95, Smith helmets, people who are considerate/polite (eg take care in lowering the lift safety bar, say thanks when you let them through in a lift line, so they can fill a chair)

Slate: foam liners (tried both Strolz and Sidas, neither performed for me), DPS skis (many probably love them, but we were not a match made in heaven), guys (yes, mainly guys) doing GS speeds in crowded areas, eg lower Steissbachtal, people who barge onto buses before alighting passengers have got off (quite prevalent in StA ski buses), people who push their way through lift lines and then prop at the gate for their mates to catch up
latest report
@bobcat, Don't like headphones cos I like to be able to hear what's going on around me ( boarder scraping down ice above me sort of stuff ) Fine on a lift but not when sliding for me.
snow report
Gotta say that I think there's something to be said for having a real loud bluetooth speaker pumping out ride of the valkyries as you hoon up behind a nervous skier, using the ultra sharp magnetraction on your board to spray ice and stress all over the place Very Happy Although all that effort does necessitate a bit of a sit down and moment to enjoy the view every now and then.

Rate: sliding down a mountain

Slate: Not much if I'm sliding down a mountain
snow conditions
hang11 wrote:
Gotta say that I think there's something to be said for having a real loud bluetooth speaker pumping out ride of the valkyries as you hoon up behind a nervous skier, using the ultra sharp magnetraction on your board to spray ice and stress all over the place Very Happy Although all that effort does necessitate a bit of a sit down and moment to enjoy the view every now and then.

Idiot rolling eyes

It's nothing like as much fun as jumping out from the trees in front of them.
latest report
hang11 wrote:

Rate: sliding down a mountain

Slate: Not much if I'm sliding down a mountain

Idiot - Bring your daughter to the slaughter is much more appropriate
snow report
Rate - Ski resorts ending in 'o'

Slate - controversial, but Norrona. Wore my Lofoten active jacket for a week in good conditions and the hem has come unglued. I've never had a problem with Helly Hansen or Decathlon kit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy