Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Xt12 and Z12 Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
I have a pair of XMax skis with Xt12 bindings. I've seen a pair of newer XMaxes with Z12 bindings. Does anyone know if you can use XT12s on the Z12 rails (ie.safely & correctly - not using 'big hammer!) I would like to be able to carry 2 pairs of skis - but only one set of bindings to save space.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No one any ideas? Just wondering - sorry to bump, but skis selling out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably way too late to help, but no, unfortunately you can't. I have tried...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Turnoisier wrote:
Probably way too late to help, but no, unfortunately you can't. I have tried...

many thanks - no not way too late. Only just got 'final' answer from Salomon few days ago - & I wasn't convinced they definitely knew for certain.
Can't beat actual experience, so, grateful for your input.
One would have thought it a fairly simple question for them!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Salomon lovers, I've just spotted an on line deal for X-Max X12 skis ... I love these babies,
and I can't believe the price they are going for ..

https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/salomon-x-max-x12-z12-walk/136938142/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=7512698&country=uk&gclid=Cj0KCQjwg73kBRDVARIsAF-kEH_w89ODUUE7keSzrQoWdlyVm0CWEwEANb1a44Z58E2viXktd_ZUvnIaAolpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

But they also sell them with XT12 bindings for another £50.

I was wondering what the difference was ...

I've just nipped out to the garage to see what are on my old Enduro XT800i .. and they are Z12 mounted on the powerline, or Smartrack or whatever it is.
Is this a good obsolete model? or have I missed something which makes it a dud?

I don't really need another pair of skis and I usually rent anyway, but there is still that lust for yet another pair Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DrLawn, The X12 is designed for racing. It will be heavier than the Z12. It does have the option to move the boot forward or back from the standard mounting point, but probably not worth the extra £50. I had z12s on a pair of skis a while back and the skied just fine and weren't too heavy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DrLawn, The Z12 Walk features on the current Salomon website (cant see the x-max ski though..)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys, I'm very tempted to buy these skis.
I used them for a week last EoSB .. rented from the Oxalys ski shop.

I was a bit dissapointed when I got them as I thought they looked mighty dull, with its subdued Black & white plumage,
I was hoping he'd have a pair of Head Magnums.

The first run of the day down from the Oxalys to the lifts is always a knee trembler for me, and even when you get going the pistes are pretty icy till 10:30, I just found them a great ski.
(I don't really know enough about skis to give a proper test, but there are some skis which I find "dull" but these were not)

Now that you have confirmed the Z12 Walk bindings will be OK .. I may have to face up to the fact of parting with a bit of cash.

I think I'll dabble in a "shall I, shan't I, treat myself to a new pair" Thread Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy