Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructor Podcast

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry I just like owning and being a punter. Means I don't need to feel guilty about sliding turns and being sloppy. Also there's 2 levels of "good" and punter good is a lot easier to measure up to than instructor good. Maybe that's a topic for another podcast.... wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave SnowPros wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@Dave SnowPros, thanks Dave. That clarifies the intent and that it's not really for punters no matter how interested in skiing they are. Which is fine - if its not intended to be a pro podcast then it doesn't need to sound like one.

I have to say, as a ‘pro’ that I really dislike that term punters. It’s not them and us, we’re all up there trying to enjoy the snow and ski the best we can, regardless of the level.

Hear hear
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave SnowPros, I'd love to hear a John Shedden interview. I have his email address should you need it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow wrote:
Just listened to Episode 32: Japow

Dave talked a whole load of poo-poo. Very poor.

We should get you on as a guest Mike. Drop me an email to iain@skipedia.co.uk
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave SnowPros wrote:

I have to say, as a ‘pro’ that I really dislike that term punters. It’s not them and us, we’re all up there trying to enjoy the snow and ski the best we can, regardless of the level.

+1 on that. i used to ban my staff from saying that word when I worked seasons.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
latest episode (7) is out and SH's gets a mention...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have to say it took me a while to get round to it, but now it's filling up my drive to Hemel nicely. Some fascinating, if geeky, stuff in there, really enjoying it - even yours @skimottaret, Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tubaski, What was said about Snowheads ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@AL9000, dunno, I'm still on episode 5!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another great listen
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I found the quality of the Tom Gellie episode so bad and hissy that I had to stop listening. Does it get any better if I stick with it??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kitenski, seemed to vary a bit throughout, I was driving and there were bits I didn't get because the quality was so poor.
In general I'd say the volume of all episodes has been far too low - so you end up turning the volume up massively, amplifying all the background hiss too. That's probably due to the initial recording level being set too low, and needs to be fixed at the point of recording. This is a shame because it does distract from the content, which is generally very interesting.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, it gets better, definitely worth a listen Tom Gellie has some interesting things to say. Especially if you are at the geekier end of the ski instructor spectrum.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikepow 's interview about skiing in Georgia will be live in Episode 37 of The Ski Podcast this Wednesday...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
@Dave SnowPros, I'd love to hear a John Shedden interview. I have his email address should you need it.

Yes, he’s on my list. Real influential guy for a lot of people.

Could you send me his details please? Dave@snow-pros.ski

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 30-06-19 19:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
I found the quality of the Tom Gellie episode so bad and hissy that I had to stop listening. Does it get any better if I stick with it??

Yes, I’m really disappointed about the quality of sound on the Tom Gellie one. If you can stick with it it does get better.

When we were recording it, there were no real problems but the recording device seemed to have picked up all of the higher end sounds from Skype and the connection to Australia. I fiddled with as many settings as I could to make it listenable.

The next one with Phil Brown that is out now was done live and is much better quality. He’s a great guy and it’s one of the best ones I’ve done so far.

Thanks for the feedback all.
ski holidays
@Dave SnowPros, my friend reckons this is superb for recording all over the world for podcasting

https://zencastr.com/
snow report
We use zencaster for The Ski Podcast (www.theskipodcast.com)
latest report
Another great episode.

Keep them coming please @DaveSnowPros

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 4-07-19 16:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Some interesting content scattered here:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/positive-pedagogy-for-sport-coaching/id1454689265?i=1000442654972

@Dave SnowPros, email sent.
latest report
Nice one @Dave SnowPros, as@Mike Pow, says
Quote:

Keep them coming please

Very good range of interesting guests so far
snow conditions
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Some interesting content scattered here:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/positive-pedagogy-for-sport-coaching/id1454689265?i=1000442654972

Downloading.

Cheers.
snow conditions
after a summer off a new one has popped up , Julian from Verbier...
snow report
@skimottaret, and an interesting one as well.
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
after a summer off a new one has popped up , Julian from Verbier...

Its very good and listenable indeed
snow report
@kitenski, he’s not afraid to speak his mind and has history within BASI Wink
ski holidays
A long episode but another good listen, he seemed less enamoured with the euro test / French situation than Phil Smith
snow report
John Shedden in discussion talking about feedback and the intention \ attention feedback loop.

http://youtube.com/v/xQOLRTEorM0

Both Bob and John have been huge influences in my coaching and skiing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks to @Dave SnowPros for his Verbier snow report featured in Episode 44 of The Ski Podcast -
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/episode-44-gstaad-verbier-and-your-dream-ski-job/
snow report
Latest with Simon Butler is illuminating
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Latest with Simon Butler is illuminating

To say the least! Shocked

What an absolute clusterf*ck. What has that basi schmuck got against SB?

(Need to check sound levels as presenter's voice too loud at times, for headphone users, in comparison to guest)

Which episode has Scott in it? Ta.
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
What an absolute clusterf*ck. What has that basi schmuck got against SB?

Must be something big. Sounds like he really got majorly stitched up.
ski holidays
(Edit) ... better not get started Madeye-Smiley

Nah, couldn't happen in this day n age.
Ridiculous conspiracy theories aren't helpful. Baaah..carry on.
snow conditions
I listened to it last night. How can he remain so calm and good natured about it all? The man is a saint. If I had to sell half my business over this it would be to fund a hitman not a barrister.
snow conditions
@AL9000, episode 6, https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/6-scott-pleva-inside-out-skiing/id1451514234?i=1000437328970

I spend around half the discussion talking about EU working rights but from a slightly different perspective than Simon but using the same legislation he refers to...
latest report
@skimottaret, Ta.
ski holidays
Episode 15 has been my favourite so far, well worth a listen if you like performance skiing, working with youngsters and coaching vs instruction... Keep em coming Dave
snow report
@skimottaret, ta for the heads up.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
Episode 15 has been my favourite so far, well worth a listen if you like performance skiing, working with youngsters and coaching vs instruction... Keep em coming Dave

Thanks for the encouragement. I really enjoyed that one too.
snow conditions
caught up with a few episodes while out riding my bike and if you are a BASI member defo worth checking out Tom Waddington's interview. Tom is our current alpine director and if you have any doubts about the boards integrity and concern for members Tom will put your mind at ease. Plus he is a top coach, very solid skier and thinks about skiing a lot like I do so loved his commentary on going through the system.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 17-06-20 17:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy