Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I've got a little list

Poster: A snowHead
The people who stop in the middle of a steep crowded narrow piste to watch their friends, chat take a phone call.
Half empty chairlifts where there is a huge queue- Avoriaz -are your ears burning.
Stopping 5 meters from the debarquement of the chairlift, blocking the exit for other souls.
Stopping over the brow of the hill where they are out of sight-particularly in snowparks.
Kamikazis in the beginners zone tranquil-is the rest of the mountain not big enough to placate your ego.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the BB a woman stopped just in front of the lift turnstiles but at right angles (she was going past the lifts but stopped if you get me drift) to answer her phone. I didn't understand her words but I don't think she was too happy that I skied over her skis Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
People who write lists
The never ending selfie narcissm - yes its a mountain - it's pretty - I'm sure all your friends will be insanely jealous
People who moan about my roost
People who slam down the chairlift bar before everyone ahs even sat down
Jackasses who pass you then stop dead in front at point blank range
Large groups of family/friends skiing the piste in a mob
People who traverse every last inch of a slope before turning
People who don't appreciate my bad singing when I'm in the zone.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Moan about your roost? WTF? How very dare they?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowboarders who suddenly decide to take a break by falling down right in the middle of the piste, in front of you. And rest there for a few minutes. Usually when you are descending fast.
Women in tight sexy Bogner outfits, outlining their curves. Make me lose my concentration and feel lonely. Wish they would sit on the snow next to the fallen boarders.Smile
People smoking on the chair lift'.
Off piste ninja warriors diagonally jumping into the piste, usually in front of snow plowing folks.
Bluetooth backpack loudspeakers powerfully blasting angry rap music in french/english, annoying mostly on the chair/in the gondola.
15€ for an onion soup
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lifting the chair bar before necessary...

Let me tell you about my very near death experience!*

* it is a true and real NDE
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There ought to be a special forum for these lists of annoyances, there have been so many threads over the years.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
People who moan on internet forums.
Brexit supporters.

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

Graffiti is high on the list of my intensely disliked, put the offenders in the stocks & let the general public paint them in whatever colour of choice Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
next time a skiier stands in the middle of a slope after a blind bend, I will not dive over her ski's not thinking about my own safety, Im just going to take them out.
Be Nice please! up the rest of my week boarding with bruised knees.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
People like the idiot snowboarder who were going hell for leather on a green slope, stopped suddenly in front of my nervous teen daughter spraying her with snow, making her fall over, saying (presumably) some derogatory words in French, laughing at her then skiing off with his mates. Please let there be a special spot in hell for people like this. (Unfortunately I was ahead and unaware or I would have turned the snow red with his French blood)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skiers in general Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queenie pretty please wrote:
Brexit supporters.

Toofy Grin

you should not dislike someone for their political beliefs.
Thats no different to disliking someone for their race, religon, gender, etc.

I am sure even people you like, there are things about them you dont like.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Brexit supporters.

Toofy Grin

You think it's wrong for me to dislike nazis just because they are nazis?
ski holidays
drporat wrote:
Bluetooth backpack loudspeakers powerfully blasting angry rap music in french/english, annoying mostly on the chair/in the gondola.
On Combes 1 in Mottaret this season, a couple of chairs ahead of me: one of these sat on either end of a chair, making completely different noises. I thought this was amusing enough until they got off and I realised they were part of the same group. Puzzled Laughing Sometimes it seems the question is not so much of age, but of species.
snow conditions
Quote:

https://twitter.com/titaniamcgrath/status/1092437799612100608?lang=en

It's substantially different and part of mainstream culture...
snow conditions
Brexit supporters.
[/quote]

Or, smug lefties who hate democracy, try to overturn a referendum when they lose, and then bring their intolerant politicking onto a forum that's supposed to be about skiing.
ski holidays
Puzzled I seem to have wandered into a wormhole connect to a rank corner of the apres zone... perhaps if I stop watching this topic I'll be safe
latest report
Seems all the annoying stuff happens in France, glad I quit going there , full of moaners.
snow report
What is Brexit?
ski holidays
I hate that there is so much hate in the world.
ski holidays
@mitcva, You love democracy? But it is undemocratic to have more than one referendum? Undemocratic for a nation to change it's mind? Or only undemocratic if the answer does not coincide with what you believe?

I am not a smug leftie, rather a multi-millionaire so naturally conservative. Why do you believe that anyone who thinks remaining in the EU, as the vast majority of the business community does, is a smug leftie? Or that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is undemocratic? Turnout was 71.8% so about 30 m people, 17.4 m voted to leave and 16.1 m voted to remain. All I hear is that 17.4 m voted to leave, nothing about the 16.1 m who voted to remain. And never mind that the result was demographically driven to the extent that IF you re-ran the referendum and IF everyone voted the same way as they did last time, the result would be a clear vote to remain. Fact. Just run the demographics - the number of old people who have died since the last referendum would swing the result.

By your logic we should have one general election, whoever wins should govern forever. Because a "democratic" choice has been made.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 19-04-19 17:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
oh and slow non geared 3/4 seater lifts that take 20 minutes.
snow report
Quote:

I am not a smug leftie, rather a multi-millionaire so naturally conservative

Lend us a fiver mate.
snow report
@Herne9, Happy to do so, next time meet you skiing drinks are on me!
snow conditions
Middle aged folk slapping imaginary lederhosen on their thighs and drinking jaeger shots. The exact same folk who, at home, ‘wacky’ equals wearing a novelty tie to the office.
snow conditions
It’s a bluebird day what’s wrong with it’s a sunny day ,

Onesies

And Australians wearing bobble hats when eating dinner in restaurants
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I am not a smug leftie, rather a multi-millionaire

And multi-millionaire anti-democrats
ski holidays
I love it when Brexiteers bleat on about democracy.

Given that the Electoral Commission has PROVED that the Leave campaigns, Leave. EU and Vote Leave, used corrupt and illegal practices in the EU Referendum campaign thereby flouting the core principles of UK democratic process. I could also add the manipulative nature of the UK media.

Demographics suggest that leave voters are generally older and less educated. Here on snowheads that is clearly evident. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I like skiing. You like hating, apparently.
latest report
Quote:

I like skiing. You like hating, apparently.

Mwahahahahaha...
snow report
Herne9 wrote:
What is Brexit?

As there are marmottes on another thread I will ask you, have you seen the film Groundhog Day?
snow conditions
I have, yes, and I loved it. Is that a marmot? If so, why wasn't it called Marmot Day?

And while we're on the subject, wouldn't that scenario with every day repeating, be a great way to become an ace boarder instead of acquiring a useless skill like being a concert pianist.
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:

Yes it is; The difference between "disliking" someone based on their chosen ideologies such political beliefs or religion and disliking them based on innate characteristics such as race or gender (or sexuality, or ...) is so fundamental and important that it should be drilled into every child from the day they are born. OK, "disliking" isn't the right word, which is why I put it in quotes and is partly what your point was I suspect.
Quote:

...indeed, but ultimately, "liking" is prossibly (subconsciously) the sum of various factors (a bit like scoring various factors about someone and seeing if the score is high enough). And certainly, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to "score someone lower" because of their chosen opinions. After all, some people's opinions do genuine harm, to others or to to the environment which other people share. Of course, this topic is so large that trying to soundbite it on here is a fool's errand.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 22-04-19 7:59; edited 2 times in total
snow report
People who smoke in gondola’s leaving them stinking of stale fag smoke...
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
Brexit supporters.

Toofy Grin

PC-gone-mad snowflake!
snow report
Jack Nickolson as the author in As Good As It Gets was asked how he wrote women's parts so well.

His reply was something along the lines of: "I think of a man, then I remove reason and accountability".

Classic.

I think that definition works for snowflakes too.
snow report
Intolerance
ski holidays
1. People who ski/board faster than me - clearly they must be out of control and that's dangerous
2. People who ski/board slower than me - clearly they're not competent to be out of the beginner's area
3. People who ski/board at the same speed as me - if they're too close then it's an accident waiting to happen and very irresponsible of them.

There. I think I've got the main points covered.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy