Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Europe's answer to Epic/Mountain Collective or a scam?

Poster: A snowHead
ousekjarr wrote:
I'd say that this makes small local hills even more attractive for a day trip, since they're not reliant on season pass income and want to encourage day trippers rather than fending them off, so their prices stay low while the mega resort next door is overcrowded and charging 4 times as much for the day when you probably end up getting a similar amount of skiing.

Our local hill is 9 euros for a half day. We can ski about 25km and do around 3,500 meters in a couple of hours. After that it gets a bit boring but happy to go back the next day.
Next local hill is the 7 Laux. It costs around 35 euros for a half day in peak season. We'd ski around 70km and do around 7000 meters in about 3 to 4 hours. Would still be happy to ski a bit more or spend the week there.
Local mega resort is l'Alpe d'Huez, cost is about 55 euros for a day but we can get a Saturday ticket for 31 euros (or less). Similar skiing to les 7 Laux because the lift system is less efficient.

so yes, for us the bigger resorts offer more skiing largely due to better lift systems but at a cost. Les 7 Laux hits the sweet spot for ski miles due to good domain and lift system. For us the small resorts run out of interest after a time so if you want to ski a couple of hours only they are great. If you want to ski all day maybe not so much. That's fine if you live 15 minutes away so the travel isn't a factor. You can ski a bit then do something else.

A season pass with all the local resorts in it would have been of interest to me. A season pass with our nearest resort only, not so much although we have bought them in the past.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I've put my name down. We take a 2 month tour in our motorhome each year so as long as there are at least 10 locations with overnight parking options I'll buy. The size of the ski area is irrelevant as we usually spend 3-5 days then move on and I don't mind lapping the same run to hone technique.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PedroNeiva, welcome snowHead to snowHeads. I hope you find the feedback above useful - there's a wide variety of requirements for lift passes and your offering may suit some.

As a season pass holder anyway, a 'light' version of a pass for local resorts might be useful. I hold a Paradiski pass but that gives virtually no benefit at neighbouring resorts. If your pass was set up to provide just a couple of days in each of the local resorts (eg 2 days EK, 2 days 3V, 2 days La Rosiere, 2 days St Foy, Valmorel, etc.) as an add-on to the Paradiski pass I would be interested.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowpass have started populating their website with resorts, about 100 so far.
Lots of places unknown to me but highlights include; Jungfrau, Vaujany, Pralognan, Chamrouse, St Foy, Vars, Champery, Monterosa. Not a lot in Austria though and a lot of the "unknowns" appear to be very small family resorts (eg 10km piste).

Edit Perhaps at this stage the OP could consider retitling the thread.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix is in as is Val D’Anniviers, Villars, Arolla, PDS, Val Thorens and many others. Looks a damn good deal to me. We pay chf1000 for a Verbier season pass and I think that’s a good deal for what you get. Passes like this one, Magic Pass and Saas Fee are just crazy good value.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BoardieK wrote:
Lots of places unknown to me but highlights include; Jungfrau, Vaujany, Pralognan, Chamrouse, St Foy, Vars, Champery, Monterosa. Not a lot in Austria though and a lot of the "unknowns" appear to be very small family resorts (eg 10km piste).

Where are you seeing these?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://snowpass.com

Be patient for a second after selecting country
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thought so, I think the page you are looking at is their normal business of selling ski passes for each resort. If you click on one you will be taken to a page to buy the usual ski pass.

This is the page for the new season ski pass

https://card.snowpass.com/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
BoardieK wrote:

Where are you seeing these?

Look at the pictures with named resorts on their Instagram account. Assuming all the names resorts are in, they’ve done a lot of deals
https://instagram.com/snowpasscom?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1iwm9i7hxony9
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think they are one and the same. As far as I can make out you get the "Snowpass" card but then have to validate it for each resort by "purchasing" the required days in advance.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BoardieK wrote:
https://snowpass.com

Be patient for a second after selecting country

Isn't that a list of the resorts you can buy a specific pass for rather than the list for the new "european ski pass"?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nope, sorry. This has overtones of just being an intermediary. I don't see the value against the standard rates. But perhaps some resorts are better than others. And for Switzerland, it's obvious the Magic Pass and Verbier don't want to play ball. I suppose it might work for self-organisers who only ski once a year and have to book everything in advance. But then, that surely puts snowpass up against the TOs and their big discounts / inclusive passes? For self-organisers who go on multiple trips, the pre-booking would be off-putting, surely? i.e. I'm not sure what segment of the market this would appeal to, even if the savings are significant enough to warrant pre-booking.

And if it's resort-hopping you're after, then snopass are pitching against local equivalents like the Valais Magic Pass, which are becoming increasingly attractive. For example, the Valais Magic Pass covers 30 resorts, and in practical terms you'd be hard-pushed to visit more than a few even in 2 weeks of holiday.

Addendum: Looking at Thyon in Switzerland, a standard 4 day pass is quoted at CHF 298 directly via the resort vs CHF 226 via Snopass - but a full 4 Valleys pass would only be CHF 289 from Téléverbier. To my mind, these are not significant enough discounts to induce me to pre-book and/or lock myself into an intermediary. Especially since forking out another CHF 63 gives me access to the whole 4 Vallées area at the standard Téléverbier rate. But I suppose that other areas may see a bigger discount.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not having heard anything further I decided to search for some news and found this (google translated) posted on a Spanish ski website 2 days ago.
Source: https://www.lugaresdenieve.com/?q=es/noticia/30000-esquiadores-preinscrito-oferta-pase-temporada-europeo-395-euros-snowpass

The group that promotes the Snowpass Card will announce all the stations attached on May 6 and will begin the sale of the ski pass on the 12th.
We have news about the promotion of the Snowpass Card , the seasonal pass that is on the lips of all ski fans on social networks. The Snowpass Card announces that the 50,000 first registered on its website may have access to the largest ski pass in the world for 395 euros. The pass will be valid for stations in eight European countries -Andorra, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany and Poland-.

A week ago we dived a bit through the network, we consulted the stations that presumably are part of the promotion and we were assaulted some doubts about which we report in this news .

After contacting the Portuguese company Snowpass ltd, we can announce that, in just four weeks, the 30,000 pre-reservations of this European pass have already been exceeded, of which some 2,000 have been in Spain . Remember that you only have to register with an email address.

Snowpass ltd also considers that the debate generated in social networks "shows that our marketing campaign has been effective and that it is reaching its objectives".

Regarding the stations of the Peninsula that have refused to be part of the offer despite the fact that on the website of snowpass.com they are announced as part of it, the Portuguese company states that "the list of European stations will be published on May 6 in our website However - they add - it is worth clarifying that the stations with which snowpass has made an agreement for sales of day pass are not the same as part of the Snowpass Card ".

According to them, "the only information that has already been disclosed is that the number of adherent stations has exceeded those of the Epic pass ". The Epic Pass is a ski pass created by Vail Resorts that allows skiing in more than 64 stations around the world, 30 of them European.

The sale of the Snowpass Card will begin on May 12 . The company announces that it will soon announce the name of "a great international partner who is with us from the first day". According to information that reaches us, it could be nothing more and nothing less than the International Ski Federation (FIS).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So not completely clear but looks like @ster was correct that the, yet to be revealed, Snowpass card is separate to the selling of day passes on the snowpass.com website. Confusing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not long to wait.

I registered.

At 395 euros there may be enough known and unknown (to me at least) resorts to make the purchase worthwhile.
snow report
LaForet wrote:
Nope, sorry. This has overtones of just being an intermediary. I don't see the value against the standard rates.

Returning to this point it looks very much to me like the play here is ultimately a Liftopia and Mountain Collective for Europe. The intermediary works in Liftopia's case because like a priceline/hotwire etc its a way of clearing capacity at 1-2 weeks notice and locking in customers without undermining the core offerings of season passes and day/multiday tickets. You won't get a LIftopia deal worth crap most places if you only look the night before.
ski holidays
Sounds legit.

Can't wait to send all my money and personal details to a badly designed website with bad security, bad English, opaque ownership structures, cryptic forum quotes, uncertain resort listings and ambiguous product quality.

Where do I wire the monies.
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Sounds legit.

Can't wait to send all my money and personal details to a badly designed website with bad security, bad English, opaque ownership structures, cryptic forum quotes, uncertain resort listings and ambiguous product quality.

Where do I wire the monies.

It's not for you.
snow conditions
I belive that will be very good offer.
snow conditions
keivancas wrote:
I belive that will be very good offer.

Do you work for them...
ski holidays
No I will be one costumer If they Will give good offer
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy