Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any experience from Marker Jester Demo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,
I am about to buy the Marker Jester Demo binding since I will share a pair of skis with my son and we have different boot sole lengths.
Any experience from the Marker Jester Demo? Is it as stable and bomb proof as the regular Jester binding?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The earlier Jester demo (with the screw adjustment) was damn near as good as the retail (just heavier), the later model (with a lever to adjust) I have no idea about.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Psortti, One of my family uses the squire demo with the lever adjust, so can't comment about the robustness of a jester, but the new lever adjustment is miles easier than the old worm screw, especially moving the binding to change boot centre while on the mountain as the forward pressure is now just an indicator in a window, so you know its right, and they always seemed to get set a bit low when it was the worm screw (and you needed to carry a screwdriver, or use one of those tool stations at a lift)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In real world use the Jester offers nothing over the Griffon other than more weight and higher cost. Note that the old worm drive version only takes an alpine sole so you could have issues in the future when you do a boot change. However for these reasons the worm drive Jester Demo's are being sold off pretty cheap online.

The new FDT lever action Griffon Demo's are also excellent with the added benefit that you can buy the base plates separately ( https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142057) and that they're alpine and GripWalk compatible. IIRC Marker no longer offers a Jester Demo as the Griffon basically does the same job.

My choice would be either the Salomon Warden MNC 13 Demo or the Tyrolia Attack2 14 AT Demo as they take any boot sole plus they're a lot easier to click in to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy