Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner to Professional level

Poster: A snowHead
I tried snowboarding at it's really fascinating. Skullie I'm totally into it. I'm at my 30 and I think snowboarding will be my thing until at my 60's. lol

Do you have tips that will tremendously enhance my skill from a total beginner to a professional level real quick? Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is no substitute for time, so go ride when you can. And ride with other people, you can learn a lot from just watching other riders and not just YouTube superstars, just normal average riders.

Learn to stay loose, keep your legs soft, and stay centered over the board.

And always remember to enjoy it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do a season, sign up to a high quality instructor course at a world class resort with very challenging terrain. Listen to the coaches.

Don't just focus on cruising in your comfort zone. Find people who are better than you and ride with them.

Like any sport, if you really want to get to expert level you will need to do a lot of training/riding.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I recommend you looking UCPA with full time lessons - I’ve done 2 weeks this season there and improved quite a lot, especially in one of them since put me way out of my comfort zone in off piste, forest.... During the courses was mostly a struggle, many times I thought it was too much but I stayed and definitely changed my level.

The other week I intentionally signed up for something a bit lighter so I could enjoy a bit as well Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@majusuperb, Riding switch as much time as you ride regular.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@majusuperb, sign up to and pass professional exams.

https://www.iasisnowsports.com/

https://basi.org.uk/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@majusuperb, time, tuition and practice. There are a lot of plateaus to encounter and as you're just a wee bit past the 'fall on yer ass and bounce up without harm' point, you are likely to encounter some injury setbacks.

BUT, you can never go wrong with working towards qualifications, even if you don't use them because they give you the mental methodology as well as the practical skills.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are 30 you're already too old to become professional level. However, that's not to say it's not possible to reach a decent level starting at 30. Definitely recommend lessons to begin with to hammer home technique. Then you need to be riding a lot (minimum of 30 days - ideally 60+, optimum 100+) pushing yourself not just cruising.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Practice hard for 100 days, then you'll know how much more it'll take to get really good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boarder2020 wrote:
If you are 30 you're already too old to become professional level. However, that's not to say it's not possible to reach a decent level starting at 30. Definitely recommend lessons to begin with to hammer home technique. Then you need to be riding a lot (minimum of 30 days - ideally 60+, optimum 100+) pushing yourself not just cruising.

Depends on what you class as a professional level. I didn't become a snowboard/ski instructor until I was 30...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sitter wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:

Depends on what you class as a professional level. I didn't become a snowboard/ski instructor until I was 30...

Depends what you mean by a professional. Snowboard instructor? Pro boarder?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pro snowboarder = someone paid to snowboard. Those who can, do; those who can't, teach Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
instructor = someone paid to teach people how to snowboard

That's not being paid to snowboard!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're not going to be a pro but you can get to a decent level by taking a winter out and riding every day whatever the conditions. You'll end up picking up a crew and pushing each other.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you can't do a season then

1. maximise your time on the slopes
- take lessons to get you going
- take a private lesson when you need to push through a barrier/milestone that you can't push through on your own

2. maximise you time off the slopes
- stay fit
- train for snowboarding with plyometrics and snowboard specific movements
snow conditions
Quote:

If you can't do a season then

If you can't do a season you are never going to get particularly good. Imagine someone saying they wanted to get good at any other sport, but that they were only going to train for 2-3 weeks a year. It's a crazy idea, but for some reason accepted in skiing and snowboarding. You need to be realistic, how good do you want to get (professional is not realistic)? How much time (and to an extent money) are you willing to spend? Do these two things line up?
snow report
Don't squash the poor guy's dream. I want to be a pro snowboarder too, but that's not going to happen. What will happen is that I will continue to try to improve my technique with no regard for any permanent limitation that cannot be removed by hard work.
I also want to join the Chippendales.
Follow your dream mate.
Practice as much as you can. Take lessons from properly qualified instructors. Take up something to keep fit when there's no snow. Sport is a lifestyle.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy