Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Octavia Estate II facelift 1.9 tdi 2011 for sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just taken ownership of a new Seat four-wheel drive, so our Octavia estate is for sale.

In silver, this is the last of the face-lift II 1.9tdi estates - 2011. VAG technicians think that this 1.9 is the best engine ever built by the Group. It is unaffected by Dieselgate, and gives over 60mgp regularly on motorway trips, and more in low speed extra-urban contexts. It is a 2011 Elegance model, with foglights, leather steering wheel, 6-CD system, autodimming mirror, parking sensors, 205 55 16inch alloys etc, tinted glass, cruise control, headlight washers. It's a 5-speed manual not the horrendous DSG. It currently is on interval service - which means that it is filled with the heavier-weight oil that looks after the engine. it has been maintained regardless of cost, and recently has had a medium service and before that new rear discs. It has 103k on the clock which is nothing for these cars. It had one previous owner, bar the garage which supplied it. All of you will know that the Octavia has legendary internal space. Most of the miles have been long distance from UK to CH (we do the trip at least 4 times per year), so very little strain on the car. It has been maintained by the local VAG workshop, and every cam belt change has had a new water pump fitment, as recommended by VAG. I have steel wheels with Nokian winter tyres which can be included. Price 4500 gbp. PM or text me on 0770 250 5256.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you get the new Tarraco?
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spyderjon, ...nope...we bought a weird one...instead of an Octavia Scout, the Seat equivalent - the grammatically challenged Leon 'xperience'
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't that smaller than the Octavia?
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, goodness you are on top of things - yes, by 50mm. The wheelbase of the Octavia II which we have had for 3 years is smaller than the Xperience, but the interior in the Xperience is very slightly smaller. It’s a better vehicle than the Tiguan, I think, which has the irritating electric handbrake about which there is much muttering, and a boot the size of a small handbag. Scouts are currently commanding rather silly money. Fortunately both my partner and I are smallish (1.7m and 1.65m) so the front seats are quite a long way forward, giving a lot of rear leg room. The spec on the Xperience is extremely good in the Tech spec - a very nice place to sit for long periods of time. The plan is Xperience for a few years while the kids are still growing, then a bigger job such as a Superb 4x4 or VW/Audi Alltrak. Hilariously, I was offered an Amarok at a silly low price. I looked at the VW official dimensions and through - hang on that can’t be right, it would actually fit in the garage in CH, even though it looks heuuuge. Turned out that they include the mirrors when they give the dimensions of the Scout but not when they give the dimensions of the Amarok. This would mean I could readily get the Amarok in the garage. However, I would not be able to open the doors.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy