Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights 2020 - Corvara

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am planning a trip to Corvara during half term next year - 15th -22nd Feb.

I will be looking for flights from Manchester and am guessing that Venice will be the best option... does anyone know when these will become available or where I should be looking?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually Innsbruck is 50 Km closer. While the Budget and Charter Airlines will wait a while to finalise their prices, Lufthansa, who fly to Innsbruck Via Frankfurt already have flights available to book out to 9 Feb 20, so keep a close eye on them Prices for that week (2-9 Feb 20) are less than 70 pounds return at the moment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easyjet is in april.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could email easyJet or whoever else fly direct from Manchester to Venice to ask when they release their flights.

Might be worth looking at flights to Innsbruck too, much shorter transfer although higher risk of flight delays due to weather.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Easy Jet Venice flight is very good from Manchester and the transfer to corvara from the south side is not normally subject to travel delays, particularly on a Sunday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That’s great - thanks all
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If your going to use public transport I would avoid Venice. If hiring a car or going to use a taxi transfer then fine, though the transfer will likely be quite expensive. There is a scheduled bus transfer service via Cortina Express and although there are regular busses from the airport to Cortina, the connection to Corvara only runs twice a day. May experience transfer difficulties over the passes after heavy snow.

Innsbruck far easier for public transport, cheaper taxi transfer and closer to drive to in hire car with no high passes. Though as mentioned by agw, Innsbruck prone to delays due to weather. We also had major issues getting back to Innsbruck over the Brenner pass recently. Took 8 hours via road and train from Corvara to Innsbruck and missed our flight

Verona is a pretty good option via public transport though will be longer in a hire car or taxi transfer (and more expensive)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

We also had major issues getting back to Innsbruck over the Brenner pass recently

I think it's quite rare for the Brenner to be closed, though. And an Austrian hire car will be better equipped for snowy roads than an Italian one.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@smudger, BA out is available in 8 days and return is available in 15 days.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, Hertz at Venice (don’t know about others) can provide winterised cars, and the rental rates, at least this year, were very very cheap. I paid £100 for a Volvo Xc60 (decent size suv) with winter tyres for 3 days.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowdave, though "winterised" usually just means snow chains provided (and not winter tyres) in Italy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hi just back from Corvara yesterday..and we hired from Hertz in Venice and had a 'winterised' car. which was normal tyres and snow chains. NOT good enough on ice and we were unhappy with this, would defo ask for winter tyres next time. struggled getting out of a side road one night - and this in a year with small snowfall. other thank the car we LOVED Corvara!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A lot of car hire from Venice and Milan are now including chains as standard.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've found some flights with KLM for £145 to Venice. I'm guessing this is pretty good for half term?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy