Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Catered chalets in Italy - Half term 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just had a lovely holiday in Flangesax’s place forhalf term, my mind is turning to next season and I was wondering if anybody can recommend anywhere similar- independently run, catered chalet where you can book the whole chalet and get a group together for half term that is in Italy? Been a few years since we have been to Italy and fancy returning.

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Following thread with interest .
Let me know what u find . I will do same .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure if Bardonecchia would suit your group, it's smallish and I have no idea how busy at half term. I have also not been! So not a real recommendation but somewhere I have looked at whilst researching similar is www.sempreski.com, a chalet run by a british couple. Website certainly worth a look
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
toyah807 wrote:
Not sure if Bardonecchia would suit your group, it's smallish and I have no idea how busy at half term. I have also not been! So not a real recommendation but somewhere I have looked at whilst researching similar is www.sempreski.com, a chalet run by a british couple. Website certainly worth a look

So far that’s the only one I have found and I have contacted them but they don’t have the whole chalet available that week as they have already taken some bookings.

So although not ruled out, was hoping to get an exclusive use chalet again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another question.... How big is your group? Www.dolomitesunltd.com have Chalet Albergo Frohsinn in the dolomites but it seats about 40! Great location in San Cassiano but I suspect may also be part booked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As I haven’t started engaging others yet - undecided. However we are 4, my parents are keen to join us. So make 6. My sister would like to join us again if finances come together so plus 3. There is a possibility of her friend and his children. Plus another 3. There are other families I know who may wish to join in for right deal. So 12+ places. Sleeps 16 or 18 may be quite doable etc.

Was working on principle of finding somewhere suitable, then see who is prepared to sign up for it Happy

Wasn’t thinking anywhere as big at 40.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was getting to point of thinking will book the Sempreski one so went back to confirm which actual rooms were available to be told they are now fully booked.

If anybody know any others or other countries as well, please could you shout?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, what about Collets in the Dolomites?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hells Bells, thanks for the suggestion, sadly too steep for us. Based on this seasons prices it would be £3340 for just the accommodation (they don’t dicsount children at all!) without flights, lift passes and lessons. I was targeting £4K for the lot. Which SempreSki would have given us.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hotels rather than chalet but you might like to look at Commezzadura (lift directly into Folgarida-Marilleva + ski access to Madonna di Campiglio with the area pass). Hotel Genzianella is smaller so you could well book it out yourselves. Nice food, friendly hosts, warm welcome. Hotel Almazzago is larger but has 2 buildings so you might be able to take over the smaller one, incl small pool, wellness spa etc. Val di Sole offers varied skiing, quiet nightlife and is very affordable and friendly. These 2 hotels I know from personal experience but have spoken to guests who have used other hotels in Commezzadura and they all get a positive recommendation too.
(Btw you can store your skis/boots at the base station each evening and can wait for the minibus back to hotel or walk c300-400m back.)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hudds7, thanks so much. Will look at those options!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy