Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunshine Village and Lake Louise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone there just now?

Is it as cold as snowforecast.com is saying it is?! Anyone recommend any Canadian weather sites?

Well the snow should be great anyway! Madeye-Smiley

Heading out next Wednesday... think I'll pack all my layers Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks brisk. Not out there, mores the pity, but have been before. Temperature doesn't start affecting things much until about -30 or so if the diesel starts to freeze up so you start getting delayed opening times. Layer up well, watch for exposed skin, wear goggles and make sure you're waxed for low temps or you'll find you just freeze to the snow. Enjoy it - it really is quite an experience.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Richard_Sideways, thanks. Can’t wait; been twice before and it was about minus 30 with wind chill- lots of hot chocolate was required
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in Banff last February as a family of 4. We generally coped well with the colder weather but had one day of -27 windchill. TeePee Town on Mt Standish side of Sunshine was our saviour. Heated seats and a proper plastic screen meant we could warm up on the chair and then do various pisted and unprepared routes below it. We managed about 3 hours of that one morning. That lift looked pretty new last year, so maybe a new addition since you were out there last?

Really love the whole Sunshine and Lake Louise experience.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going in mid-March. What are temps/conditions like usually during that time period?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jesus, -27°C on the old Tee Pee Town would've been proper grim....

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
QRZBuddha wrote:
Jesus, -27°C on the old Tee Pee Town would've been proper grim....

That's why it was a quiet little corner........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The new heated teepee is great in the cold Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@südtirolistdeutsch, according to an article on the Sunshine Village Facebook page today the average temperature for March is -5.

Seems to have warmed up a bit now.

Got down to Heathrow last night and flying out today Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@London_Falcon, the heated lift at Sunshine was new for the 16/17 season I think. It was a life-saver for us in Dec 16 when it was pretty chilly (to say the least!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MCL, we spend a few weeks in SS/LL every year. The extremely cold weather is almost always over when you get into March. We’ve had -30 in Feb, but never in March. March often brings snow, so it could be unsettled. We arrive next week until the end of the month. PM me if we can help with any info. Hope you have a great trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy