Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortovox 3+ Software Update / Recall - in London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I've just read that my Ortovox 3+ is subject to a software recall, however I am planning on using it this weekend! Chances are it will function correctly, however if possible it would be great to have the software updated before then.

Does anyone know if there are any places in London that will do this? Had it updated in Jennewin in St Anton when I bought it, so I am pretty sure it's possible at a retailer!

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Send to Facewest, always done very quickly.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowsafe.co.uk show software upgrade for free. Doesn't say if it only applies to purchases from them.

Failing that, maybe contact the manufacturer for local dealers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Snowsafe will carry out the upgrade for the cost of return next day postage (£6), no matter where you purchased the transceiver. You can access this service here.

Facewest also offer the service for free if you bought the transceiver with them (see here), otherwise it's £10. The cost of return postage for all updates is £5.

I contacted Ortovox however they were unable to give details of any UK store that could carry out the upgrade - so there may be others! Ortovox will upgrade for free due to the recall, however I needed mine doing on a short timescale hence looking elsewhere.

Hope it helps someone!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy