Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation for ski school in San Vigilio di Marebbe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're heading to Kronplatz in February 2024 and will be looking for some private lessons; we're staying in San Vigilio di Marebbe - does anyone have any personal experience of the ski schools there?

Any recommendations for gear rental also welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have always found the https://scuolasci.net/en/ suited us and we have nothing to complain about them. My granddaughter was with them as a 4 year old and onwards from there (she is now 13 but hasn't had lessons every year) and we have had adult friends who have also had good experiences with them. They have recently (in the last couple of years) started to do ski hire / board hire as well so you will probably get a competitively priced package. However, we have always had excellent service from Andrea e Marco for ski hire. Both of these are in the village centre and easy access / easy to find.
There are some ski hire places that are a good bit cheaper (purely from memory I think Pepi Ski was one : https://www.sanvigilio.com/en/info/ski-rental-pepiski-master_3991 ) but we have had such good service from Andrea and Marco we keep going there (one year I went twice, others hired skis, I took my own. They offered to look after my skis in the period between my two trips and save me the trouble and expense of carting them back to the UK. They did a free service on them too)
When in February are you going?
We aim to be there 10 - 17 February which coincides with Fasching and for that week it would be sensible to book lessons / equipment in advance as it will be a bit busier than usual. And if you are driving yourselves, the road will be busy from Munich.
Where are you staying? (Apologies if I am getting too nosy)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We’re also going that half term week of 10-17 February, hence I’m keen to get everything booked! The only availability for private lessons seems to be in the afternoon (for a group of 3) - not ideal, but we can cope with that if required; I’d also checked the Piculin ski school, but their site isn’t showing any availability for 2024 as yet.

We’re flying into Innsbruck and staying at the Sporthotel; Le Ski Point looks to be the closest rental option just across from to the hotel, but I’ll check out your recommendations - many thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are staying at the Sporthotel it will be easier for you to take the free skibus to the Miara lift or walk along the “top road” to Miara rather than drop into the town centre. There is ski hire at (just underneath) the Miara base station and unless you are getting lift passes dropped off at the hotel then you will probably be going to Miara anyway to buy your lift passes. That may well be your easiest option. There is likely to extra traffic from Innsbruck over the Brenner Pass if you are driving (Fasching)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy