Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cortina Day Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm staying in Corvara in late March and want to spend a day in Cortina. A few questions:
What's the best way to get to Cortina from Corvara? Taxi? Ski/bus/ski to Cinque Torre and get a taxi or bus to Cortina? I want to spend the whole day in Cortina, not waste time getting there.
Where to start? The base areas at Cortina are spread out. What's the logical place to start that allows us to do a full tour of all the lift systems? I skied there once many year ago on a south to north ski safari through the Dolomites. We skied the women's downhill course but didn't get to the other areas. We got weathered out on the Cristallo, but did skin up to the Tre Cime and skied down to Sexten.
What are the must do runs? I'm assuming that we'll be confined to piste skiing. We are a group of experienced skis who can handle any slope. Suggestions appreciated.
What is the go-to on hill lunch spot? Need not be the fanciest. Ambiance, views, Dolomiti charm are the key qualifiers.
Return to Corvara? Taxi or by ski and bus from Cinque Torre?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did much of this last March, and you have sketched out an ambitious day. I'm no expert about Cortina, but as you have noted it is spread out (to say the least). I would suggest you consider splitting it into the Cinque Torre sector one day, reached via skis from Corvara, and another day driving to the center of Cortina where accessing some of the other sectors makes sense. 51 Forcella Rosa was a nice steep groomer and there are others. Great terrain there, dated lift system.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is no actual public transport direct to Cortina from Corvara. You need to go from Corvara via bus to San Lorenzo; then get the train to Dobbiacho and then a bus onto Cortina. Two and a half hour journey

However you could use the Cortina express transfer bus from Corvara to Cortina. Timetable below:

https://www.cortinaexpress.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/cortina-express-inverno-20182018-orario-alta-badia-1.pdf

Or you ski from Corvara to Armentarola and then get a taxi to Cinque Torri (from there use ski bus to get to Cortina's slopes). Prices below:

http://www.altabadia.org/media/lagazuoi-skitour-2.pdf

And below is the skibus timetable for Passo Falzarego to/from Cortina (also includes the Cortina express timetable)

http://lagazuoi5torri.dolomiti.org/ita/Cortina/laga5torri/inverno/Orari%20Giro%20Grande%20Guerra%202018%20-%202019.pdf
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hire a car for the day.

Apres ski drink in town for a bit of seriously good people watching and flash car ogling. [ Designated driver of course ]
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Drive to 5 torre do that and then get back in your car about 2km from the village of pecol there is a big car park and direct access to the slopes so you can ski the whole tofana area
We arrived a day early last week so had a days skiing on the Saturday and then drove over to colfosco
If you fly out on the Friday and there is loads of cheap (and not so cheap) accommodation in cortina it would be a good place to start then check in that evening to where your staying
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info.
Options are:
1.) Get a taxi both ways. 8 way split shouldn't be too bad.
2.) Ski + bus to Cinque Torre, ski a few runs. Bus to Pecol, ski, apres ski, and then taxi back to Corvara.
3.) Reverse #2 and taxi to Cortina, ski most of the day. Bus from Pecol to Cinque Torre. Ski to Laguzoi, Hidden valley (or bus) to Armenterola, ski back to Corvara. Apres ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or drive to armetola ? Where the taxis come from get there for 820 park for 5 euros get the taxi up to 5 torre
Ski that get the bus to cortina
Ski that
Then bus back to hidden valley
Ski that as almost last run and back your car
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
get a eight seater from hotel to pocol or socrepes, ski around cortina and then enjoy early evening in the town and 8 seater back?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy