Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau in summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about a road trip to Austria, stopping off at a couple of cities on way down and spending a few days in Holland on way back. Looking for lakes to do some water sports/swimming etc plus cycling (not necessarily mtb'ing) and walking. Ideally a bit of a buzz around the town. Does flachau tick the boxes?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boabski, No big lakes..local swimming lakes... but plenty of cycling. The village has some summer events...when were you thinking of going?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should arrive c. 28th July
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boabski, check out the tourist information website. I can't hand on heart say there is a buzz in the village but there are some events every week at that time. There are loads of activities around and the summer card gives good discounts
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Zell am See if your looking for a bit of buzz.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chick, have been there a few times in summer as well as mayrhofen and both tick the boxes. Just looking for something different this year but we do want somewhere where it has a buzz in the evenings.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Practically anywhere in the mountains is potentially good for walking and bikes (though clearly you have to be happy going uphill as well as flat). Plenty of kayaking but not so many lake type water sports. In the Austrian alps there is Zell am See and also the Salzkammergut area. Nearby there is the Chiemsee which has a lot of water sport possibilities especially windsurfing. Overlooked at the southern end by the Chiemgauer Alpen and a short drive to Salzburg, Kitzbühel etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@boabski, no buzz in Flachau in summer.
Maybe Kitzbühel, but not sure.
We found even St.Wolfgang in Salzkammergut -which has a focus on summer instead of winter- rather dull
For lake-mountains-buzz-sun you would have to go to Lake Garda imo
Better weather too, northern Alps can be very rainy in summer (last few very good summers were exceptional)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@munich_irish, where in chiemsee would be a good base? Have often thought it a good place to go to
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Langerzug,

you obviously havent been there on the Bike Night weekend!
There are also weekly street parties, more aimed at familes throughout the month of August in Flachau, I think they are held every Wednesday?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kooky, as I say...there are events through the summer but outside of that it is very quiet.. the best for me is the Verein parade with whipcrackers and the beer tent at the fire station

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 26-02-19 8:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"beer tent at the fire station" brings back very bad memories Laughing Laughing Laughing I think every village has one of those!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy