Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moving up 10 places to number 4.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cedric, I don't think the Spats have become revolutionary yet, they may do. The reverse camber has inspired the Pontoon, which may one day be revolutionary, thanks to some help from Volant and Shane McDonkey.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, Agree with the Karma being at the top. Bombproof like the V-Explosive, great dimensions for a true ski anywhere ski.(Bit skinny for my tastes though Twisted Evil )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Right now, I'm liking the Scott Santiago Mission. Turns, floats, grips. Quite a trick.
Just tried the Scott Pure too - a winner for those who deem turning unnecessary - that'll be our man on the DPs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is this thread in English?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sort of. But skiing is international so using incredibly hard to decipher acronyms is the best way to keep everyone in the dark.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Viceversa, The Pocket Rocket, for me, combined both the structure of the 1080, although not the original and was the first modern powder ski with sidecut and accessability

But if you are saying that this is a list that revolutionised skiing then surely the 1080 has to be there. People have always skied powder, but the amount of people who now use the snowparks with ski attached to their feet, as opposed to a board, must surely be down to the 1080, the first mainstream freestyle ski. The originals were awesome.

Your comparison above doesn't make sense as you are comparing two skis made for different main purposes. The fact that 1080's are great off piste too (although not as good as PR's) doesn't mean they were originally designed as a freeride ski (I was under the impression they were named 1080 after a certain freestyle trick wink ).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry haven't finished.

Back to the revolution thing, they way that the younger generations tend to ski is all about looking cool, hanging out in the park, jumping off handbuild kickers, wearing baggy pants etc, and if it wasn't for the 1080 and the copy cat twin tips, then all the people you see skiing in this manner would surely not be skiers but borders. Now that is a revolution
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
By the way i can't stand 1080's but it's a bad oversite not including them on your list.

"So a new entry, straight in at number one it's the Salomon 1080"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FastCarver, The Public Enemy should therefore take it's place if were talking about first twin tips, side-cut etc. The Structure was nothing special in the first 1080, just standard mono-coque. Like you, i loved the ski but feel that the Pocket Rocket was the first Powder Ski made for the masses, more and more of you have more than one pair of skies because of it! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy