Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Duprez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ride a Duprez and can advise on length?

Looking at similar equivalents K2 Simple Pleasures or nidecker Melllow but these ride shorter. Have spoken to a few folk in France raving Duprez but riding 165+ so pretty curious how these ride.

Anyone have any experience/tips?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No experience personally, but there is a substantial thread on the snowboardingforum.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I rented the softest of the 155s for a few days of 30cm snow when I was an intermediate, I'm 5'7" under 11st. In hindsight it's probably the powder board I should've bought as I found it floated easily and was very easy to turn on steep runs, something I found difficult on the K2 ultradream I eventually bought.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks chaps. Will have a look at the other forum and probably search out a rental when out next.

Last year I missed a demo day in Grand Massif late March but can’t find any info for this year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a "Surf Shop" on Les Saisies which always has them available to hire.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FWIW I spent a weekend with a colleague riding a 172 Dupraz about 10 years ago. He loved it even though conditions were hardpacked. Super stable hard charging.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Adam. 172 is a beast, guessing in might not charge through tight trees Laughing But I seem to ride more and more piste hardpack so something like a Dupraz might stop me going to skiing on those days. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have only ever seen one in BC trees and the rider didn't bring it out two days in a row. Make of that what you will.

On piste, it depends what you want, but they look very old school. Try one and see.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy