Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speeding in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Of course it’s a criminal offence in France!
Collecting the fine in the uk is however a civil matter which was the point being made where the debt collection has to be tested in uk court and the debt collection companies tend to give up rather than risk court costs as long as their victim is willing to tough it out
Hire cars apart of course.
it would be interesting to hear of any case that got to uk court where defendant had not caved and paid up
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The other half of a friend of mine got caught speeding in France at the start of the year, because he was more than a bit over the limit it went to court and he had to attend in person, picked up a 30 day ban and fine which was paid there and then.

He went back to France a couple of months later and was arrested at the customs gate and dragged off to the local police station. It appears that the court he attended hadn't processed his fine payment so there was a warrant against his name. Fortunately for him he is a fluent French speak so was able to explain and a quick call to the court/police where he was processed cleared it up.

Unfortunately he then had to get a taxi back home from the police station, and then arrange another hire car.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
iainm wrote:
I have had too many fines driving hire cars and there's no escaping those.

You could just, you know, stick to the speed limit. That's a really easy way to escape speeding fines when driving hire cars.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AVIS charged us their admin fee for one in Geneva in April. Not seen the ticket yet and there was not a url to follow to pay. Anyone got any ideas on how we find out? Pretty sure I know where it was...on the way back to the French side in the middle of town. V annoying as the last two times we have booked French side car hire we've got tickets. Never at any other time, which when you consider the amount of driving we do in France and Switzerland in hire and our own car is frustrating.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No fines yet, but I have been a lot more careful with my speed since I gave the French authorities all the details to link my registration number to me when I applied for my Crit'Air. Fortunately my satnav gives me warning of "dangerous road segments" in France which obviously has nothing to do with speed cameras.
Having said that we have also encountered mobile speed cameras not in "dangerous road segments" on 3 of our last 6 journeys to the Alps or Med.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timc wrote:
No fines yet, but I have been a lot more careful with my speed since I gave the French authorities all the details to link my registration number to me when I applied for my Crit'Air. Fortunately my satnav gives me warning of "dangerous road segments" in France which obviously has nothing to do with speed cameras.
Having said that we have also encountered mobile speed cameras not in "dangerous road segments" on 3 of our last 6 journeys to the Alps or Med.

Waze will also let you know about Police parked up on the side of the road with hand held cameras, plus all manner of genuine hazards on the road ahead.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anyone know the leeway on French roads, if its a 130 autoroute, can I set cruise to 134 or 139? or 142(10%-1)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try looking back 1 page...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beware the Bordeaux ring road.....
As there's loads of roadworks (at the busiest time of year!!!!) the limit is 90km.
I've just had very nice letter through the post, having traced me via my registration number. 45 Euro fine.
I was recorded at 96km with a tolerance of 91km. So that's 5km over the limit.....approx 3 miles an hour!!!!
The only good bit was that the system is so good, I was able to pay the fine online in a couple of minutes
Honestly 3 miles an hour....beware
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy