Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Extend Go-To-Snow Ski Backpack, 50L Barbados Cherry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Bought a couple of these for myself and the wife. I was looking for something which would fit my huge size 11 ski-boots plus a helmet, plus maybe some more stuff, and that would still fit in a plane's overhead locker. I'm happy to report that this does all of that very well - I also fitted in a large iPad Pro and various other bits and pieces, GoPro, cables etc. I really get excited about gear that is fit for purpose and does all the things you hoped it would. Loving these bags. The only minor drawback IMHO is that there's no chest strap (there is a waist strap), but I've remedied that with a £7.99 one from Amazon.

I got mine from www.absolute-snow.co.uk, just a few weeks ago, but they don't seem to stock them anymore. Here's a link to the product on Salomon's website. I paid £94.95 each.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@swannieboy, do they fit into the Easyjet/Ryanair cabin bag size tester at the airport?? They appear a bit bigger than the sizes rules, which I think are 55cm x 40cm x 20cm for Ryan Air and 56 x 45 x 25 cm for Easyjet from a quick search....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tbh, I don’t know. We flew BA, and I didn’t try the thing st the airport, I just went to the gate with them and no one argued. They fit perfectly into the BA locker - not dire best how to post a picture from my phone here, but happy to send you one. The fit is snug, but perfect.

They’re also squashable, so if the worst came to the worst, you could take the helmet out and wear it onto the plane.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@swannieboy, cheers, BA have always been good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've actually just bought one of these in black and yes it seems ideal for purpose.

But the only thing that puzzles me is that its described as having stowable shoulder and waist straps (in case you needed to check it in). I can see how you stow the shoulder straps but can't figure out how the waist strap stows away. The diagram on the card attached to it shows that there's meant to be a sleeve on the sides of the back panel for this (like there is at the top for the shoulder ones).

Are you able to stow away the waist strap on yours? If so how do you do it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
swannieboy wrote:
Tbh, I don’t know. We flew BA, and I didn’t try the thing st the airport, I just went to the gate with them and no one argued. They fit perfectly into the BA locker - not dire best how to post a picture from my phone here, but happy to send you one. The fit is snug, but perfect.

They’re also squashable, so if the worst came to the worst, you could take the helmet out and wear it onto the plane.

Easyjet seem to be happy with hooking a helmet on the outside of hand luggage even if it then breaches their dimension allowance. Have done it quite a few times.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rashed, so, my guess is that they've discontinued this model, perhaps because of your point. I had to look quite hard to find the red versions, and I think I may have bought some of the last ones. I'm glad I bought these when I did, as looking at the link above to Salomon's website, there's not a single boot bag on there - I think its had a redesign in the last couple of days. I've just checked, and no, I can't see any kind of sleeve in the side for stashing the waist strap.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think they sell out most years, especially when they discount them. I remember looking about this time last season and they'd all sold out.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got a couple of these bags, my favourite bit of ski luggage. Mine are a few years old but I'm not aware of any option for stowing the straps, maybe that's something which got added in the re-design. I don't bother with the waist strap to have cut them off to reduce the clutter.

As others have said, if you stuff them full they are a little bit outside the dimensions for hand luggage, but if you are on an airline which enforces their size limits don't stuff them full and you'll be fine. They will easily squish in to the size gauge. I've flown a lot with this bag and never had any issues using it as hand luggage. Most of my flights are BA or Swiss, but I've also flown it easyJet and Thomas Cook with no issue.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob@rar, do you take your heated boot bag in main luggage if you take your boots as hand luggage? I don't think I could do without my heated bag! As well as drying my boots out it also makes them so much easier to put on in the mornings when warm and pliable!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski wrote:
@rob@rar, do you take your heated boot bag in main luggage if you take your boots as hand luggage? I don't think I could do without my heated bag! As well as drying my boots out it also makes them so much easier to put on in the mornings when warm and pliable!
Sometimes in my hold luggage, sometimes as hand luggage depending on what luggage allowance I have. Often I don't fly with it as I also have a heated bag in Les Arcs so if I'm skiing there or via there I use that one.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the replies @rob@rar and @swannieboy

Glad to know I'm not being obtuse but a little disappointed that the waist belt doesn't stow away as advertised. I'm just deciding now whether to keep it or return it...... sounds like all of you who have this like it so I probably will Happy

If they did redesign it I'd suggest having the straps stowable or detachable as well as perhaps have the depth reduced to fit carry-on size and then have it expandable via a zip if you did want the extra volume.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy