Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bags

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads, what's the airlines position on filling the spare space in your ski bag with clothes etc? Are they ok with this as long as it's within the weight limit?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Coco, which airline? Charter or scheduled?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Filled a huge ski bag (190cm double) with clothes last year with Ryan Air and this year with Easyjet. No problems, as my bag was just under their weight limit. They simply asked if there were skis in my bag; which there were. It had to go via oversized baggage obviously.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never had any problems doing this with BA.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My understanding is that the wording is to limit the airlines liability in the event of the luggage being lost or left behind. So you could legitimately claim for skis but not for, say, clothing, camera equipment or so on. I'm used to stuffing a snowboard bag to the brink and never been challenged over it, although I did once have to sign a waiver for Air Canada iirc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No issues on Delta, BA, LH or KLM for me. Mind the weight limit and you should be good to go. Doesn't mean they won't lose it, though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
check airline regs re lost baggage. If its a full flight then it’d be an early candidate for getting left behind. If you subsequently need to claim for a lost bag you might have difficulty claiming for anything other than ski’s. It’s also a pain if you have to buy replacement ski gear if this happens on the way out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I do it regularly and never been a problem.
Only once been asked by check-in staff if there was "just ski quipment" in the bag and I said yes and they accepted that. That was at Milan Malpensa flying with Flybe
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OP: broadly you're fine.
--
The Montreal Convention etc cover lost baggage compensation minimums, and limitations do not mention what's in the bag.

I have direct personal experience from multiple carriers of claiming for delayed baggage, specifically with snowboarding clothing in snowboard bags. They can't treat that any differently from any other liability, and they can't avoid their liability to you. They'll pay for both rental hardware and clothing.

Loss is a different thing, and you will likely find that airlines have different "rules" on how long you have to wait until they will pay you to replace stuff they lose. For example BA suggested 30 days to me. I didn't have to test it, but I suspect that would not stand up in law as it could be unreasonable in some cases at least.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used to always put a light foam camping kip mat around my skis and then wrap clothing around. Socks etc pad the ends. Never had a problem and you can always say that in the past you had handling damage to your ski edge/bag so now you pad them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy