Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best boot fitter in the Alps?

Poster: A snowHead
My mate needs some new boots, so sounds like an ideal way for me to accompany him and get some pre Xmas skiing in.

So where should we go/who should we see for the best boot fitter in the Alps?

cheers,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
where do you want to go

3 vallees, boot lab
Chamonix Sanglard or Sole
verbier Anja at number 1
kaprun Fabi at Brundl
kronplatz Fede bootfitting

and a number of others
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, Greg,+ I'd add either Niklas at Concept in Chamonix ... but I am biased ...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hannes Strolz (new company name)
Lech
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, Jeff at Jennwein, St Anton
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Janine Stiepel is based in Kaprun. Used to be at Profeet in London and was excellent there
Telephone - +43 681 8468 1777

Email - info@winterworldconnect.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CEM, he doesn’t care where we go, just wants the best boot fitter for a 4/5 day trip!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, early season i would go kaprun then, kitsteinhorn glacier opened the other day
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fabian Stiepel is also based in Kaprun.

https://www.bruendl.at/en/magazine/if-the-shoe-fits
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 wrote:
@kitenski, Jeff at Jennwein, St Anton

…and Roland, and Mathias. Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ulmerhutte, yes agreed, always good for a schnapps too. My OH is due for a new pair next season, always a laugh.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't say that I can compare to many others but I was very happy with Sole in Chamonix - set me up in a pair of boots I wouldn't naturally have considered given what I thought I needed width & stiffness wise vs what I actually needed (albeit with some customisation carried out while I waited, included in the price of course), and they are easily the best boots I've ever worn. K2 Mindbender 130s for the record.

They did need a tweak on a second visit so it would be good to be in-resort for this
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about the old boy at Nevada Sports in Tignes? He fitted myself and my wife a few years back and I can honestly say with a straight face the boots he chose and fitted for me based off the brief I gave him are more comfortable than most of my trainers! I can ski a whole day without ever having to loosen them. No cramp, no numbness, no fatigue, and they are tight! The guy's a genius.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
greengriff wrote:
What about the old boy at Nevada Sports in Tignes? He fitted myself and my wife a few years back and I can honestly say with a straight face the boots he chose and fitted for me based off the brief I gave him are more comfortable than most of my trainers! I can ski a whole day without ever having to loosen them. No cramp, no numbness, no fatigue, and they are tight! The guy's a genius.

JoJo has unfortunately retired. Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No way. That's bad news. Has his son taken over, or has the shop gone?
ski holidays
greengriff wrote:

My first set was with JoJo. 8 years later Colin/CEM fitted same size, same type boots. Well, not exactly the same, as the new ones have holes for touring. Fitting wise was the same. To be fair Colin is more fun than JoJo was (I did not mind it, just saying).

So for the best, head to the CEM - both times worked super well for me.
snow report
Yes I've heard nothing but good things about Colin so I'll be taking my kids to see him when the time comes. I don't think the OP was angling for a day out in Bicester though when he said he wanted to accompany his mate wink
snow conditions
@greengriff, it was nevada sports, from what i know covid caused them to close down, not sure if they ever reopened after lockdown
snow conditions
The hours that people put into their businesses over the years only for them to be wiped out by a freak chain of events. Sad I hope the old boy is ok. I know he had a reputation as a miserable b*stard, but I found him to be a witty, personable guy. Maybe I just got him on a good day!
snow conditions
@greengriff, we can all sit and criticize the current government but to be fair to them one thing they did help with was the furlough scheme... the rest of the support was a fricking joke but here we are

its been a struggle so i can easily see how businesses folded, i know of a few people who just got sick of the whole situation and just closed up in various lines of work
snow report
CEM wrote:
@greengriff, we can all sit and criticize the current government but to be fair to them one thing they did help with was the furlough scheme... the rest of the support was a fricking joke but here we are

its been a struggle so i can easily see how businesses folded, i know of a few people who just got sick of the whole situation and just closed up in various lines of work

Yeah I'm not making a political comment. It was a poisoned chalice. It's just a shame.
snow report
JoJo was ready to pack up any way. I saw him not long before covid and he said he was ready to retire. That coming along probably did him a favour with the French government handouts.
snow conditions
OK that's not so bad then. Was there no desire of anyone in his family to take over?
snow report
CEM wrote:
@greengriff, it was nevada sports, from what i know covid caused them to close down, not sure if they ever reopened after lockdown

I had a bootfitting done by him early july 2020.
ski holidays
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
CEM wrote:

I had a bootfitting done by him early july 2020.

So he did open up after the first lockdown then. Well, wherever he is now, I hope he's enjoying his retirement!
snow conditions
There is guy called Sebastian in a store called Mountain Story at Tignes Le Lac right next to the chairlift. I think he replaced JoJo. I had a very good experience with him.
snow report
I had my last pair of boots fitted by Janine when she was at Profeet and can highly recommend her
ski holidays
Which resort does she work in?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
Which resort does she work in?

she doesn't any more, living in Kaprun, her husband is Fabian Stiepel who is the head fitter at Brundl
snow conditions
heierling.ch in Davos.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy