Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting Jnr out of the back seat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
RobH2017 wrote:
I can't understand why any Brits (or anyone for that matter) would go ESF when there is another option, just for class size alone which Evo2 limit to 8 when ESF don't seem to have any limit. I've regularly counted classes of 12 and 15 with ESF and an instructor I was speaking to in Tignes said he once had a class with ESF of 17 which is why he wouldn't work for them anymore. I'd imagine with 12-17 kids you'd struggle to keep an eye on them all let alone actually teach the ones who weren't in the immediate vicinity. Appreciate the instructors would have passed the same tests but on ethos alone I'd always go elsewhere.

That's why we are with ESI. Their classes are small - limited to 6 or 8 deoending on age and we have always been happy with that and the general demeanour of the instructors and our kids are happy in the lessons and have never said a bad word about any of their instructors. If the kids are happy and enjoying their lessons then we are happy. ESF has a the monopoly and a lot of people think they are the official ski school because they are so big and are everywhere.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RobH2017, my mate went with ESF in Avoriaz at New Year (he was late booking it and they were the only ones available). He was very complimentary of the lesson and his progression was notable given that he didn't ski much in a day other than lessons. Oh and he was in a class of 2 people...although they did add one other later in the week.

Obviously this is far from being a common occurrence, but it just shows that it's not always a case of a class of 10+ and an instructor that doesn't care.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@RobH2017, my mate went with ESF in Avoriaz at New Year (he was late booking it and they were the only ones available). He was very complimentary of the lesson and his progression was notable given that he didn't ski much in a day other than lessons. Oh and he was in a class of 2 people...although they did add one other later in the week.

Obviously this is far from being a common occurrence, but it just shows that it's not always a case of a class of 10+ and an instructor that doesn't care.

It's pretty common with ESF but sometimes you get lucky. You can also pay extra to guarantee a smaller class.

Adult lessons are also way less in demand than the kids class. It's not that the instructors don't care and most of them do care but when you have 10 plus kids in a group you can't give everyone a decent amount of attention. And there are the odd few who are pretty much a few years past retirement who have no patience, manners or kid skills.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy