Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Norway on May 17th - anywhere near Oslo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
May 17th is 'Norwegian Constitution Day' and (I'm told) is a day of huge national celebration.
It is also my birthday!
For these reasons, I'd like to try and ski on the day, and wondered if there was anywhere nearish to Oslo that usually has enough snow to stay open til then.
I'm guessing you'd need to be a good bit (i.e. several hours' travel) further north.
Any info much appreciated.
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Neil Neige, You may find everything is closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Neil Neige

This year or 2020? There are 3 summer skiing places in Norway and all of them are a few hours away from Oslo. You’ll need to check if they are open on 17th May.

https://gpss.no

https://www.folgefonn.no

http://sognefjelletsommerski.no (XC skiing only)

In January 2020, Snø Oslo will open in Lørenskog.
https://snooslo.no
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Norway day is ALL about day drinking, don't let slushy skiing get in the way of that. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Neil Neige, how about this?
X Games Norway?
Might be tough to get a lift pass though Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks v much for the responses. It would be this year.
First I'd heard of Sno Oslo. Looks amazing!
Bit surprised Norway would go for something like that though (unlike the cities in the Middle East) as they've got year round skiing on the glaciers etc.
So, not looking good for May 17th - might try and check out the glaciers. From memory, I think one might be within a couple of hours' drive of Bergen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thomasski wrote:
Norway day is ALL about day drinking, don't let slushy skiing get in the way of that. wink

Seriously? We paid £24 on resort for a 6 pack of cider. How do they afford it?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bambionskiis, Wine shops (Norwegian offies) are super expensive due to their licensing restrictions. Planning ahead can easily half the cost, plus they're on double the wage we are! That said, I always get duty free gin requests... Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snø Oslo is 5 mins drive from my house! I am curious to see how brutal the prices on the season passes will end up being.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There was an article in Romerikes Blad suggesting 3, 6 and 12 months season passes starting around 2500-3000nok for a 3 months pass. Day passes will be around 350-400nok.

You should registere an user account as they will be offering free opening day passes to 300 registered users. I also picked up 2 x day passes for 250nok at Christmas time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy