Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow to return to many areas on Weds...

Poster: A snowHead
Enjoy the sunshine out there chaps and get the snow caps on again... more due to hit pretty much everywhere from Weds onwards... Stack it up snow gods, stack it up...
snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No please, just leave it. I am sick of bl**dy snow. I've not seen my garden since October, I have snow ghosts, it took me 75 minutes to drive the last 12km home last night - all of this and I only live in Belgium never mind the alps! rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The good news is that Meteo France has slightly revised the snowline downwards - there had been hints of rain to 2000m, but it looks like Wednesday/Thursday should give snow above 1600m at worst, and more snow to come Friday at considerably lower altitudes...

Same chaos as last weekend perhaps? Hope no more problems getting to resorts!

Anyone find themselves stuck in Bourg St Maurice again this weekend, and doesn't fancy spending the night with hundreds of people in gyms and community halls, we can put up a max of 7 people - FOC (except for a donation to a good cause - the local ski racing club Wink)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, Meteo Consult has the snowline around 1750 -1800m - hope yours is right!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
re. snowline - chamonic meteo has it at 1500m on wednesday and then colder on Friday.

Long range looks like high pressure all next week - a springy looking one rather than Arctic.

I'm off to Val Cenis on Saturday ! And to think how much stick I got from the other half for taking the kids out of school instead of going at half term and having all that nasty hard snow !!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing here now. (and we're well below 1500m)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Anyone find themselves stuck in Bourg St Maurice again this weekend, and doesn't fancy spending the night with hundreds of people in gyms and community halls, we can put up a max of 7 people - FOC (except for a donation to a good cause - the local ski racing club )

Well we are heading up there on this Saturday, we get to Chambery at 8am, it might be handy to have your contact details in case of any major dramas! For advice etc, should I PM you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul Chittenden, you should be ok if you're travelling during the day - but you never know! I'll PM a contact number.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, we're travelling down Friday afternoon/Saturday morning Shocked Any chance of a contact number, just in case??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing here at 1100m altitude 5km from Puy Saint Vincent at 15km from Serre Chevalier. More forcast too.

I started using the movies (animated charts) from www.meteoblue.ch ...they seem to be very accurate as to how much precipitation and when it will arrive to the hour!!! They got this one on the dot the snow arrived at 5am at PSV as they predicted.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks petel - nice link - looks good!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK my order for snow on weds and thurs seems to be working-slightly concenred as to when its going to stop as I would prefer to be skiing with blue skies. Off to courchevel on saturday. Does anyone know when snow is due to stop,please
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dan100, Sunday, by the look of it. Fingers crossed. I suspect you have picked a great week.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

The sun actually came out for a while yesterday!

Lunchtime now, and it's been snowing steadily since 6am. Another 7/8 cms down in BsM so far...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's chucking it down in La Rosiere, over 3 metres at altitude, what a finish for the season.
ski holidays
PG, David@traxvax, What happens if it melts quickly, do you get floods?

PG, Lovely pic again Very Happy
ski holidays
keep it coming, hope it doesn't snow itself out, expecting some freshies in April!!
snow report
gregh, seconded. Let's hope that Ullr ignores dan100's requests that it stops wink
ski holidays
Great...lets hope it keeps falling over the weekend (however I don't want to sleep in a sports hall on Saturday so if it could stop for a few hours around 3pm that would be great!)
latest report
animal_Leeds, even if it stops that doesn't always help - it's when the wind gets up and starts blowing the stuff around causing slabs that problems develop, some access roads simply can't be protected after dark when those responsible for keeping the routes safe can no longer see what's going on.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, we've got a new main drainage system now!!!
latest report
Greg/Arno in spirit of compromise I've asked for one week stoppage only but with 5-10 fresh each night with clear blue skys for your weeks. does that work for you Very Happy
latest report
I'm off to LDA on Sunday, just one powder day next week, on a par with the one we had last month in Lech will suit me just fine. The rest of the time I'll just use my shiny new goggles with their low light lens, which make skiing in a white out soooo much more enjoyable.
snow conditions
it's past midnight, still barely freezing at 1500m and everything thawing and dripping outside. Sad But forecast to get colder tomorrow with more snow Little Angel
snow report
it's now 7.30am, it's still warm, still raining and my snowman's carrot has fallen out Crying or Very sad
snow report
not his carrot - aw the poor thing.
snow conditions
And still the snow continues to fall in Lech. However, forecast on Monday shows sun, sun sun 7 whole hours of it. Dare I hope? Cool
snow report
I still have a bit of snow in my front garden, that's 11 continuious days now. I reckon today will finish it off though
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
had to go to Grenoble airport today - it was 16 degrees there this afternoon, according to my car
snow report
10 degrees in Briancon, although it has cooled down in Monetier and is starting to snow again.
snow report
Yes, colder (minus 4 at 1500m) and snowing and nil visibility here this morning. A morning for making some casseroles for my next arrival of family visitors on Sunday.
snow conditions
smells like a good time to dig the goggles out and search out some powder snowHead Is the snow taking a hammering below 1500mtrs? Is it likely to last at 1100m at the end of March or will the snowline be up somewhere around 1500m?
latest report
Snowing again in La Rosiere, looks like we're stuck with the blessing of the Lardy Snow God.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 10-03-06 9:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
David@traxvax, Webcam has shown snow for ages now. I bet there is 350cm at 2400m and over 200cm in resort by Monday. Shame Val Thorens has about half that depth at altitude. Shall we ship the Eosb to La Rosiere Laughing
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, it's snowing heavily here as well Very Happy . Resort level snow now above average for the time of year (according to the SCGB) but top level snow slightly below average because of some of the winds we've had Crying or Very sad . I'm told there's some great skiing out there, although Les Menuires reported as slushy yesterday afternoon.
snow report
Quote:

Is the snow taking a hammering below 1500mtrs?

Yes, around here at any rate. The last several dumps have not gone down to a low altitude and it was extremely warm for a few days, with some heavy rain.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, I would be very happy to see that, I can think of a few chalets that would have space in that week as well.
ski holidays
David@traxvax wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, I would be very happy to see that, I can think of a few chalets that would have space in that week as well.

Possibly something to do with the lifts being closed?
snow conditions
Alastair, could introduce complusory ski-touring.
latest report
David@traxvax wrote:
Alastair, could introduce complusory ski-touring.

Val Thorens it is then Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy